Ingredients (4 servings):
- 1/2 kg green asparagus
- 2 medium potatoes
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 200 ml sour cream
- Wash the asparagus stalks, tear their lower woody third of each stalk.
- Peel the potatoes and to the pot and using a hand blender dice them into 2cm cubes.
- Place the asparagus stalks and the diced potatoes into a large enough pot.
- Cover with water, season with salt and pepper and bring to boil.
- Cook over medium heat till the potatoes are soft.
- Take out of the pot a few asparaguses and cut their tops and set them aside for the garnishing.
- Return the rest to the pot and using a hand blender, puree the vegetables to a smooth paste.
- If the soup is still too thin, bring to a boil and simmer a few minutes over low heat, stirring constantly, until the soup is thick to your liking.
- Serve hot in soup plates, garnish with some of the asparagus tops and a large dollop of sour cream. Grind some extra black pepper on top.