August 25, 2017 by Varga László
- 1 kg tomatoes
- 1 kg watermelon
- 1 cucumber peeled and cut into large chunks
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 lime
- 1 red pepper
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 100 g shelled pistachios
- 1 small red onion
- Cut the tomatoes into large cubes.
- Peel the cucumber and cut into cubes.
- Deseed the watermelon and cut into pieces.
Keep a few wedges with their _skins_ for garnishing.
- Slice the red pepper.
- Add the cubed tomatoes, cucumber, red pepper, watermelon, garlic and the juice of a half lime to a bowl.
- With a hand blender turn all into a smooth paste, season with salt and freshly ground pepper according to your taste.
- Refrigerate it for a few hours before serving.
- Serve the soup chilled into smaller bowls, sprinkle on top some pistachios and _slices_ of red onions.
- Stick a wedge of watermelon and a slice lemon in the edge of the bowls.
Category Raw Vegan, Soup, Vegan, Vegetarian | Tags: bell pepper,cold,cucumber,easy,garlic,light,lime,pistachios,soup,tomatoes,vegan,vegetarian,watermelon | No Comments
May 5, 2017 by Varga László
Recently I had some friends over Martin,an Argentinian globetrotter, and Ramona. We had some good time for the weekend, showing them the city, partying and so on.
On Saturday we had a cooking evening under his supervision 🙂 . The menu included from soup to cake, but the thing i liked the most was Tortilla Española – Spanish omelette with potatoes.
It is a very tasty and stomach filling meal, below you have the recipe:
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 2 medium onions
- 1 kg potatoes
- 6 eggs
- 100 ml vegetable frying oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Clean and chop the onions
- Peel the potatoes and dice them into small cubes
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the cubed potatoes and fry them until golden.
- With a slotted spoon remove the potatoes and set them aside in a large bowl
- Add the chopped onions to the pan and fry them until golden over medium low heat. Remove them from the pan with the slotted spoon and add them to the bowl. Remove the pan from the fire.
- Add to the bowl the whole eggs, salt and pepper to taste, and stir them carefully together.
- Heat up the pan with the remaining oil in and pour over the egg- potato mixture
- Fry over low heat for about 8-10 minutes.
- Place a wide enough flat plate on top of the frying pan and with a single move turn over the fried omlette to the plate, then gently slide it back into the pan, fried side up.
- Fry for another 3-5 minutes and then again with the same move as above, flip the omlette to the flat plate
- Cut into 8 and serve
Category Eggs, Spanish, Vegetarian | Tags: easy,eggs,onions,potatoes,spanish,vegetarian | No Comments
October 20, 2014 by Varga László
Category Italian, Pasta, Vegetarian | Tags: cream,italian,mushrooms,parsley,pasta,quick,vegetarian,wine | 1 Comment