Ingredients (4 persons)
For the tongue braising:
- 5 pieces of pork tongue
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 small onion
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 chilli pepper
For the soup:
- 1 medium onion
- 4 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon lard
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 bunch of parsley, chopped
- approx. 100-150 g smoked sausage
- vinegar to taste
- sour cream for serving
For the potato dumplings:
- 15o g potatoes
- approx. 100 g flour
- 1 small egg
- 1 teaspoon semolina
- a pinch of salt
- Wash the pork tongues then add them in a medium pot filled with water to cover them plentifully.
- Bring it to boil then add the other braising ingredients: bay leaves, onion, garlic, salt, black pepper and hot peppers.
- Cook it over medium-low heat for 2-2.5 hours, until the tongues are softened.
- Let the tongues cool down in the broth.
- When tongues reached room temperature, remove them prom the broth and slice them thinly (2-3 mm thicknes)
- Meanwhile, peel the potatoes for the dumplings, dice them and cook them in salted water until tender.
- Mash the potatoes while still warm mash, add salt, eggs, flour, semolina.
- Knead well the dough together and shape it into small rounds/balls.
- Then prepare the soup:
- Fry , the diced onion, in a pan with melted lard, on medium, until it changes color. Add the flour and parpika and mix the together util you make the roux.
- Add approximately 2-3 dl of cold water, stirring, then the broth in which the tongue has been cooked.
- Add to the soup the sliced tongues, bay leaves, crushed garlic, sliced smoked sausage and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for furter 20 minutes, then add the potato dumplings and cook foran other 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with a tablespoon of sour cream on top and some parsley leves sprinkled over. You can add a bit more sourness by adding some more vinegar.