Skip to content
- 1 kg tomatoes
- 1 kg watermelon
- 1 cucumber peeled and cut into large chunks
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 lime
- 1 red pepper
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 100 g shelled pistachios
- 1 small red onion
- Cut the tomatoes into large cubes.
- Peel the cucumber and cut into cubes.
- Deseed the watermelon and cut into pieces.
Keep a few wedges with their rinds on for garnishing.
- Slice the red pepper.
- Add the cubed tomatoes, cucumber, red pepper, watermelon, garlic and the juice of a half lime to a bowl.
- With a hand blender turn all into a smooth paste, season with salt and freshly ground pepper according to your taste.
- Refrigerate it for a few hours before serving.
- Serve the soup chilled into smaller bowls, sprinkle on top some pistachios and _slices_ of red onions.
- Stick a wedge of watermelon and a slice of lemon in the edge of the bowls.
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 1 kg bigger portobello/champignon mushrooms
- 200 g cherry tomatoes
- 100 ml tomato paste (passata)
- 100 g mozzarella cheese
- 100 g gorgonzola cheese
- 1 red hot chilli pepper
- 2-4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and clean the mushrooms, removing their stems.
- Chop the mushroom stems and the chilli peppers.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the chopped mushrooms and chillies.
- Add the halved cherry tomatoes and passata, keep frying and stirring until thickens.
- Add half of the grated mozzarella and keep stirring for a few seconds until it’s melted and fully incorporated into the sauce.
- Place the mushrooms in a tray top side down and scoop on each of them some sauce.
- Add to each mushroom some gorgonzola cubes and top with grated mozzarella.
- Place the tray with mushroom in the oven and bake at 150 C for about 10-15 minutes until the cheeses have melted.
- Serve while still hot and melting 😉
Ingredients (4-6 servings)
- 500 g mullets
- 500 g mussels
- 500 g mackerel fillets
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 garlic head
- 1 red hot chilli pepper
- 2 green onion
- olive oil
- 200 ml Italian red wine – I used some Montepulciano
- 200 ml water
- Salt to taste
- grated mozzarella (optional)
- Wash and clean the fishes and mussels.
- Chop the garlic and chilli pepper.
- Dice finely the tomatoes.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium soup pot, add the garlic and fry it until fragrant over medium heat.
- Add the diced tomatoes to the pot and keep frying, stirring until tomatoes are softened.
- Add the cleaned mullets and mussels and fry them for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add the wine and water and the mackerel fillets and cook for about 3-5 minutes over low heat.
- Add the chopped green onions and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Serve while hot, garnish with some extra chopped green onions.
- You can top it with some grated mozzarella to melt.