June 14, 2016 by Varga László
Category Vegetarian | Tags: blue cheese,easy,gorgonzolla,mozzarella,mushrooms,oven,tomatoes | No Comments
September 16, 2015 by Varga László
Category Italian, Soup | Tags: easy,fish,garlic,italian,mozzarella,quick,seafood,soup,tomatoes,wine | 1 Comment
May 14, 2015 by Varga László
I came across this recipe quite a time ago, but up till now whenever I found in shops oxtails, I was never in mood for cooking this dish.
Recently I had a free long weekend and I finally set my mind on it.
Ingredients (6 servings):
- 2 kg cow tail / oxtail
- 400 g canned tomatoes
- 1 l dry red wine (If Spanish is better 😉 )
- 150 g wheat flour
- 2 cups beef stock
- 2 carrots
- 2 medium onions
- 1 bulb garlic
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 50 ml olive oil
- 4 cloves
- 4 bay leafs
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Cut the tails at each joint, Season the bull tail with salt and pepper.
- Place the tail pieces in a bowl, season with salt and pepper and add enough red wine to cover them all and let them marinate for 30-60 minutes.
- Dice the onions, chop the garlic and ginger.
- Slice thinly the carrots.
- Slice thinly the red bell pepper.
- In a large cast iron pan heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Remove the tails from the marinade drizzling down the liquid then dust them in flour, removing the excess flour.
- In batches, sear every piece of tail until browned on each side.
- Remove the bull tails from the pan and set them aside.
- Add a bit more oil to the pan and saute the onion and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Add the sliced bell pepper and sate 5 more minutes.
- Add the sliced carrots, bay leafs, cloves and ginger and saute 2 saute minutes.
- Place back the tail pieces into the pan, add the remaining wine and stock.
- Bring to a boil and then cover the pan and simmer it for 3 hours or more until the meat is tender and falling off the bones. Add some stock if needed.v
- Serve with french fries.
Category Spanish | Tags: bay leaf,beef,carrots,ginger,tomatoes,wine | No Comments