Ingredients (2 servings):
- 750 g Swiss chard leaves
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- a dried red chili pepper (you can yous fresh one also)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 100 ml semisweet white wine
- 2 eggs
Optional non vegetarian version:
- 2 slices pork cutlet
- 2-3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 100 g semisweet wine
- Wash thoroughly the Swiss chard leaves, remove the stems.
- Cut the chard leaves into 2 cm stripes.
- Chop roughly the garlic and chili pepper.
- Heat up the oil in a large frying pan and fry golden brown the garlic and chili pepper.
- Add the Swiss chard leaves to the frying pad, add the wine and steam covered with lid for 1 minute then add salt and pepper and fry stirring lightly until the chard is just wilted but still dark green.
- Server right away as it is only the sauteed chard or add a fried egg beside.
Optional: If you fancy some meat with eat and don’t stick to a vegetarian dish:
- Smear the pork slices with some soy sauce, leave the a few minutes.
- Then add them to a bowl and pour some semisweet wine leave to marinate for about an hour, or more if you have time to spare.
- Fry lightly the pork slices on both sizes until golden brown but still juicy.
- Serve beside the sauteed Swiss chard and a fried egg. For the looks, overfry a bit the egg until the yolk is still runny but thicker, and cut it halves.