Skip to content
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 3 medium carrots
- 1-2 medium parsley root
- 1 smaller celery root
- small turnip
- 1 onion
- 6 tbsp of oil
- 1 small bouquet of parsley
- 1.5 litres of bone soup (can be made from soup cubes)
- half a lemon’s juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 eggs
- 1 heaped tablespoon of flour
- 150 grams of sour cream
- 20 dkg Csabai Hungarian sausage
- Cut the carrots, parsley root, celery and turnip into 1-2 cm cubes.
- Chop roughly the onion.
- Chop roughly the parsley leaves.
- Slice the sausage into 1/2 cm thick.
- Heat the oil in large soup pot and sweat the chopped onions until translucent.
- Add the sausages and fry for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add the diced vegetables and stir fry them for 7 minutes.
- Add the bone broth, lemon juice, chopped parsley leaves, season with salt and freshly ground, bring to boil. Cook for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, prepare the poached eggs. In a smaller pot bring to boil salted water with vinegar.
- Over low heat, add the eggs one by one. Spoon the whites around the yolk to make them more perfect and stir the water to move them around.
- Cook for 2 minutes and remove with a slotted spoon. Keep them in lukewarm water until serving.
- Mix smoothly the flour with the sour cream, add a bit cold water if too thick. Add a ladle of soup from the hot pot, stir it well and then pour it into the soup pot and cook for 2-3 more minutes stirring.
- Serve the soup in large saucers, topped with a poached egg in each.
Ingredients (2 servings):
- 100 g black forest ham
- 100 g dried spaetzle
- 100 g Emmental cheese
- 4 tablespoons Austrian apricot puree/jam
- 100 ml Sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the black forest ham into small slices.
- Cook the spaetzle according to the instructions on the package.
- Grate thinly the Emmental cheese.
- In a medium frying pan fry the ham slices a bit until they get a bit crunchy.
- Add the cooked spaetzle and the sour cream to the pan. Stir them gently together and simmer 1 minute over low heat.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the grated cheese, mix and simmer for another 1-2 minutes.
- Serve the ham and spaetzle with some tablespoons of the apricot puree.
- Grind some more black pepper on top.
Ingredients (6 servings):
- 1 kg smaller pieces of mutton
- 1 head of garlic
- 2 eggs
- 300 g tomato paste
- 500 g sour cream
- 1-2 tablespoons fruit vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 red hot chilli peppers
- a few green onions
- Clean the garlic cloves but do not chope them.
- Wash the mutton pieces and place them in a large pot together with the whole garlic cloves and one of the chilli peppers.
- Add enough water to cover them all, bring to boil and cook for two hours.
- Towards the end add the tomato juice, water if needed to replenish the evaporated liquid and season with salt and pepper.
- When the meat is tender and cooked, add the sour cream to the pot.
- Break the eggs straight into the pot and keep stirring constantly so the eggs will shred in the soup and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of fruit vinegar to adjust the taste to your liking.
- Slice thinly the remaining chilli pepper and the green onions.
- Serve the soup in saucers topped with the sliced chilis and green onions.