February 1, 2019 by Varga László
Ingredients (2 servings):
- 500 g / a dozen whole Argentine red shrimps
- 100 ml olive oil
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 bunch of fresh parsley leaves
- juice of 1 lime
- Peel off the shell of the shrimps leaving on the last segment of the tail.
- Devein them if you are skilled enough, I was lazy, so I left most of them with the veins.
- Chop the garlic.
- Chop these parsley leaves.
- Place the parsley leaves, 100 ml olive oil, the chopped garlic cloves and lime juice into a bowl.
- Using a hand/stick blender them until everything is mixed nicely together.
- Coat the shrimps with a bit of remaining olive oil and grill them 1- 2 minutes per side until cooked and have nice grill marks. Proceed in batches if having a smaller grill, like me.
- Lay the shrimps on a large plate and drizzle the chimichurri sauce over them. Serve while hot.
Category Ethnic, Seafood | Tags: garlic,grilled,lemon,parsley,seafood,shrimps | No Comments
July 25, 2018 by Varga László
Ingredients (1-2 servings):
- 400 g Vietnamese hard shell clams
- 300 ml elderflower cordial
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon ginger freshly minced
- 1 small dried red chilli
- 1-2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 lime
- 1-2 green onions
- If using frozen clams, leave them in cold water for half an hour or so.
- Wash them in two bowls of water until the water in the bowl is clear.
- Chop the garlic.
- Chop the ginger.
- Chop the dried chilli into flakes.
- Chop the green onion and parley.
- Cut the lime into wedges.
- Place the clams into a smaller pot, add the garlic, ginger, chilli flakes and pour the elderflower cordial just enough to cover them all with liquid.
- Squeeze the juice of a quarter of a lime.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 4-5 minutes until the clams have opened.
- Adjust the taste with fish salt and black pepper to your liking.
- Serve with chopped green onions, chopped parsley and some lime wedges.
Category Asian, Seafood, Soup, Vietnamese | Tags: chili pepper,clams,garlic,ginger,green onions,lime,quick,seafood,soup,Vietnamese | No Comments
June 18, 2018 by Varga László
Category Ethnic, salad, Seafood | Tags: apricot,chili pepper,grapefruit,lemon,lime,onion,salad,seafood,squid | No Comments