July 25, 2018 by Varga László
Ingredients (1-2 servings):
- 400 g Vietnamese hard shell clams
- 300 ml elderflower cordial
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon ginger freshly minced
- 1 small dried red chili
- 1-2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 lime
- 1-2 green onions
- If using frozen clams, leave them in cold water for half an hour or so.
- Wash them in two bowls of water until the water in the bowl is clear.
- Chop the garlic.
- Chop the ginger.
- Chop the dried chili into flakes.
- Chop the green onion and parley.
- Cut the lime into wedges.
- Place the clams into a smaller pot, add the garlic, ginger, chili flakes and pour the elder flower cordial just enough to cover them all with liquid.
- Squeeze the juice of quarter of a lime.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 4-5 minutes until the clams have opened.
- Adjust the taste with fish salt and black pepper to your liking.
- Serve with chopped green onions, chopped parley and some lime wedges.
Category Asian, Seafood, Soup, Vietnamese | Tags: chili pepper,clams,garlic,ginger,green onions,lime,quick,seafood,soup,Vietnamese | No Comments
June 18, 2018 by Varga László
Category Ethnic, salad, Seafood | Tags: apricot,chili pepper,grapefruit,lemon,lime,onion,salad,seafood,squid | No Comments
May 31, 2018 by Varga László
Ingredients (1-2 servings)
- 200 g frozen shell-less whelks
- 3 garlic cloves
- a bunch of asparagus
- 50 g butter
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Let the whelk meat thaw and wash them in cold water.
- Chop roughly the garlic.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan.
- Add the chopped garlic am the whelks.Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and fry over medium low heat for 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile wash the asparagus and cut their tips (about one third of them), keep the rest of them for the next breakfast’s omelette.
- Add the asparagus tips and about 100 ml water. Cover and steam for 7-8 minute over medium heat until asparagus is cooked and has a wild green color.
- Add salt and pepper to taste if needed. If the juices are too thin cook it down a bit for a minute.
- Serve while still hot.
Category Seafood | Tags: asparagus,butter,easy,garlic,light,quick,seafood | No Comments