December 20, 2018 by Varga László
Category Breakfast, Eggs, Greek, Turkish | Tags: breakfast,chili pepper,easy,eggs,Greek,quick,sausage,Turkish | No Comments
June 13, 2016 by Varga László
Ingredients (4-6 servings):
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 whole pheasant
- a pair smoked pork sausages
- 2 onions
- 600 ml apple cider
- 2-3 tablespoons pork lard
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 red hot chilli pepper
- 1 garlic head
- 4 celery stick slices
- 50 ml double cream
- a few branches of thyme
for the Mashed potatoes
- 1 kg large potatoes
- 100 g butter
- 2 zucchinis
- Cut the sausages into thick slices.
- Chop the onions and the chilli pepper.
- Chop the celery stalks.
- Melt the lard in a frying pan and brown the pheasant on all sides together with the sliced sausages and the whole garlic cloves.
- Place some lard from the pheasant frying into a large pot and fry the chopped onions, chilli pepper and bay leaves until fragrant.
- Add the pheasant and the celery, the thyme branches, the apple cider and fill the rest of the pot with water, season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Bring to boil, and cook over medium heat for about 2 hours until the pheasant is soft.
- About one hour into the cooking add the halved mushrooms.
- When the meat is fork tender, remove it from the cooking pot and leave it to rest about 15 minutes before cutting it into pieces.
- Meanwhile add the flour diluted into a bit of water, the double cream, stir it well and cook about 30 minutes to thick up cooking juices into a gravy.
- Meanwhile, boil the potatoes in their skins until fork tender.
- Peel their skins and mash them, add the butter.
- Wash the zucchinis, grate them and slowly integrate them into the mashed potatoes
Category Other poultry, Stew | Tags: bay leaf,celery,chili pepper,cider,cream,garlic,pheasant,sausage,stew,thyme | No Comments
December 19, 2014 by Varga László
Ingredients (about 10 servings):
- 750-1000 g pork
- 2 tablespoons pork fat
- 750-1000 g pork fresh sausages
- 2 large carrots
- 1 small celery root
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 4 bay leaves
- 4 allspice berries
- 10-15 black peppercorns
- 1/2 head large Savoy cabbage
- 1 medium leek
- 2 red onions
- 1 head of garlic
- 200 ml semi-sweet white wine
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- salt to taste
- Cut the pork meat into 2 cm thick, 5-7 cm long strips.
- Chop the onion.
- Melt the pork fat in a large pot, cast iron if available.
- Add the meat and fry over medium heat for 5 minutes, turning once.
- Add the chopped onion and continue frying for 2 minutes, stirring.
- Add the cleaned but still whole garlic cloves, chilli flake and paprika and stir-fry for another minute.
- Slice the carrots and celery root and add to the pot.
- Add the whole black peppercorns, crushed allspice, bay leaves, mustard.
- Add the wine and enough water to cover the meat and the other ingredients.
- Slice roughly the celery stalks and leeks.
- After about 30-45 minutes of cooking add to the pot the whole sausages and the sliced celery and leeks. Add water enough to cover all the ingredients.
- Cook for another 20 minutes.
- Chop the Savoy Cabbage and add to the cooking pot.
- Cook until cabbage is done about 20-25 minutes.
- Serve while still hot.
Category Pork, Stew | Tags: allspice,bay leaf,carrots,celery,garlic,mustard,paprika,pork,sausage,stew,wine | 1 Comment