Skip to content
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 4 quails
- 15 strips of bacon rashers
- the juice of half of a lemon
- 4 not very ripe peaches
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 500 g frozen mixed vegetables
- 50-75 g butter
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Wash the quails thoroughly and remove any trace of feathers.
- Squeeze the lemon’s juice over the quails, then season them with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Leave them to marinate for 30-60 minutes.
- Bone the peaches and cut them in small pieces.
- Stuff the quails with the diced peaches.
- Carefully wrap the quails with the bacon rashers: for each quail use 2 for wrapping the around waist and one in the other direction.
- Fix the bacon strips to stay in place with wooden toothpicks.
- Heat some olive oil in a large frying pan and fry the bacon-wrapped quails on each side for about 3-4 minutes over medium-high heat, until nicely golden brown.
- Then place the quails in an oven-proof dish, breast sides up
and spread the remaining diced peaches around the quails. Sprinkle a dash of olive oil over the peaches.
- Place the quails’ dish in the preheated oven to 190 C and broil them for about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook some frozen mixed vegetables in enough salty water.
- When tender with a bit of crisp, drain the water. melt the butter and saute the vegetables for a few minutes, season with some more salt if needed.
- Serve the quails together with the sauteed vegetables and peaches from the oven.
Ingredients (6 servings):
- 3 whole, long garfishes
- 2-3 lemons
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 bunches of green asparagus
- 50 g butter
- Wash and clean the garfish.
- Cut them into shorter pieces in order to fit into the oven tray. My fishes were around 3/4 meter long.
- Place the garfish pieces into the tray, squeeze the juice of a lemon over them and grind some pepper and salt onto them.
- Slice the second lemon on the top and lay the slices on top of the fish tray.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake at 150 C it about 1-1 1/2 hour until the fishes’ skins are golden brown.
- Meanwhile, clean and trim the asparagus.
- Place them in an ovenproof dish, add on top some butter slices and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the asparagus dish into the oven and bake until the fish is ready.