Ingredients (4 servings):
- about 1 kg pork baby ribs
- 200 ml semi-dry wine
- 2 fresh rosemary branches
- half a lemon for its juice
- 2-3 teaspoons hot paprika
- 1 kg medium sized healthy potatoes
- 50 mg butter
- 4-6 garlic cloves
- 100-200 ml milk (depending on how much the potatoes will envelope)
- salt and lots of freshly ground black pepper to taste
- a casserole ofValerianella leaves or other small leaf salad greens
- Wash the ribs then tap them dry with kitchen paper towel.
- Place the ribs and the branches in an ovenproof dish, pour over the wine, the juice of half a lemon and sprinkle the salt and paprika. leave it to marinate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 170 C.
- Wash thoroughly the potatoes but leave their skins on, halve the much bigger potatoes.
- Remove the ribs from the marinade and place the ribs in the oven on a grill.
- Put the potatoes in the marinade tray and place the tray in the oven under the ribs grille.
- Bake them for 2 1/2 – 3 hours. Meanwhile, test the potatoes if they are fork ready and when they are, remove them from the oven.
- Chop the garlic.
- Melt the butter in a heavy bottomed pot, add the garlic and fry it until fragrant and translucent.
- Add about 2/3 of the milk to the pot and heat it up, remove the pot from the fire when the milk is hot but not yet boiling.
- Add the unpeeled baked potatoes to the pot and using a wire potato masher, mash them up roughly, stopping when the potatoes still retain some texture and have still some smaller lumps.
- Season it with salt and plenty of pepper, add some more butter or milk if needed.
- Serve while the ribs and potatoes still hot, add some green leaves on the side, I used Valerianella ones.