January 16, 2013 by Varga László
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 2 fishes – grey mullets, about 1/2 kg plus each
- 1 pomegranate
- 5-6 garlic cloves
- salt and pepper
- 1 lime
- 1 lemon
- 2 rosemary branches
- For the okra
- 1/2 kg okra (I used frozen)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 100 g butter
- 2-3 sage leaves
- 1/2 dried chilli pepper
- 50 g blue cheese
- Scale the fishes, gut them and remove the gills. Wash them thoroughly.
- Chop the garlic.
- Cut up the pomegranate and remove its seeds.
- Cut 4 thin slices of the lemon and of the lime.
- Salt and pepper the fishes outsides as well as their insides.
- Stuff each fish with half of the chopped garlic and add one-one rosemary branch.
- Fill the rest of their cavity with the pomegranate seeds, but not too much so they won’t spill out.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Lay the mullets into an ovenproof dish and top them with the lemon and lime slices.
- Place the fish in the oven and let it bake for 30 minutes. If using a gas oven cover the dish with a tin foil, but since I have an electric oven, I skipped this step.
- For the sauteed okra
- Chop the garlic cloves.
- Melt half of the butter in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Fry the chopped garlic until fragrant for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the fresh/defrosted, the rest of the butter, the chilli pepper flakes and sage. Fry over medium-low temperature for 5 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup of water, cover and simmer for about 5 minutes or until water evaporates.
- Add the crumbled blue cheese and stir-fry for another minute
- Serve the mullet with sauteed okra and some pomegranate seeds and cherry tomatoes.
Category Fish | Tags: butter,fish,garlic,lemon,okra,pomegrenate,rosemary,sage | 1 Comment
January 27, 2012 by Channah
Ingredients (4 servings):
- lettuce leaves, chopped
- cabbage leaves, chopped
- 2 radishes, minced
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, minced
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 cup sweet corn kernels
- 1 large tomato, finely diced
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- fresh parsley, minced
- fresh mint leaves, minced (optional)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pomegranate / pomegranate syrup
- pita / croutons (optional)
- vegetable oil for frying (optional)
- Mix together the lettuce, cabbage, radish, cucumber, red bell pepper, carrot, corn, tomato, onion, garlic, parsley, mint, olive oil.
- Put in a blender the seeds from 1/2 pomegranate and make a dressing if you don’t have pomegranate syrup.
- Put the dressing/ syrup and the remaining pomegranate seeds (optional) over the vegetable mix.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry pita /croutons for a few minutes. Remove to cool on paper towels.
- Serve with grilled meat or just eat it like this.
Category salad, Vegetarian | Tags: easy,pomegrenate,salad | 2 Comments