February 16, 2018 by Varga László
Category Mutton, Soup, Welsh | Tags: carrots,celery,kohlrabi,leek,mutton,parsnip,potatoes,rutabaga,soup,Welsh | No Comments
January 18, 2012 by Varga László
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 1/2 kg potatoes
- 300 g parsnip
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1-2 teaspoons curry powder
- a pinch of cumin seeds
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 l water
- 100 ml sour cream
- 50 g chopped smoked hard cheese
- Peel then dice the potatoes and parsnips
- In a pot add 1/2 l of water, the diced potatoes and parsnips, chopped garlic, salt and pepper. Cook it for until both the potatoes and parsnips are well done and tender.
- With a potato masher, mash the cooked potatoes and parsnips a bit but leave some lumps.
- Blend smoothly half of the mixture in a blender.
- In a skillet add a little oil and fry on medium heat the curry powder and cumin until aromatic.
- Add the diced potatoes and 1/2 of the chopped onion and fry together for a few seconds.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of the lumpy mixture (from the non-blended half) to the skillet and stir-fry 2-3 minutes, until the mix is fried and fragrant.
- Mix together the lumpy half, the blended half and the onion-curry fried and complete.
- Add the sour creme and complete with water until you reach the desired thickness. Bring it to boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in the chopped smoked cheese.
- When serving fry the bacon chips and some extra onion:
- Cut the bacon into thin strips, then fry them in a skillet on both sides until crisp, set them aside.
- In the skillet and remaining fat from the bacon frying, add the other half of the onion and the paprika and fry until golden-brown.
- Spoon the soup in bowls, add on top the bacon crisps and fried onion.
Category Indian, Soup | Tags: bacon,cheap,cumin,curry,easy,ethnic,parsnip,potato,smoked cheese,soup | 5 Comments