December 28, 2018 by Varga László
Category Dessert, Hungarian | Tags: cloves,coconut,dumplings,oranges,potatoes,sweet,winter | No Comments
January 31, 2012 by Channah
Ingredients (4 servings):
- juice from one orange
- juice from half of a lemon
- juice from one lime
- a large onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- chilli sauce /chilli powder ( to your taste)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- optional – 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 500 g boneless chicken breast, skinless
- Romaine lettuce
- 2 oranges – peeled, diced
- 1/4 celery root, sliced julienne
- 2 green onions, minced
1. In a bowl, mix together the orange, lemon and lime juices, onion, garlic, sauce /chilli powder, cumin, salt and sugar.
2. Pour half of this mixture into a large plastic resealable bag /box.
3. Cut chicken into slices of 1-centimetre thickness and add it into the citrus mixture. Leave it in the fridge to marinate for at least 2 hours.
4. Put the remaining sauce into a blender (optional) and place it in the refrigerator.
5. Heat a non-stick pan and fry the chicken. When almost done, add the marinade to the pan and simmer for a few minutes.
6. Remove the chicken and cut into thin strips.
7. Cut the salad, green onion, celery and oranges and mixed in a large bowl.
8. Mix the salad with the remaining sauce, and add the chicken slices on top.
Category Chicken, salad | Tags: chicken,easy,green onions,lemon,lettuce,light,lime,oranges,salad | 3 Comments
January 26, 2012 by Channah
Ingredients (4 persons) :
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons parsley freshly minced
- 1/3 cup apple vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 oranges
- 2 green onions
- 1/4 root celery
- around 200 grams spinach
- 1/2 lettuce
- 1 cup walnuts
- Mix the dressing ingredients: oil, sugar, vinegar, parsley and salt. Shake and mix well (you can use a shaker).
- Cut the walnuts finely. (Optional: leave the nuts in water at least 1 hour before cutting to reduce digestion time.)
- Cut the oranges in small pieces.
- In a large bowl mix the onion, celery, spinach and lettuce. Add nuts and oranges.
- Add the dressing over the salad.
Category salad, Vegetarian | Tags: easy,green onions,lettuce,light,oranges,salad,spinach,walnuts | No Comments