Ingredients (2 servings):
- 4 whole quails
- 100 ml orange liqueur
- salt and pepper to taste
- one medium orange for garnish
- game seasoning mill
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Wash the quails.
- Tie each quail’s leg together with some twine and place them in an ovenproof dish.
- Pour over half of the orange liqueur.
- Season the quails with salt and pepper, grind some game seasoning over.
- Heat the oven to 200 C and roast the quails for about 15 minutes.
- Remove them from oven and let rest for 10 minutes, so the juices will rearrange in the birds.
- Sift the juice from the dish through a thick sieve and thicken it in a small saucepan adding a teaspoon cornstarch and the remaining liqueur. Cook for a minute.
- Serve the quails (1-2 pieces per person) with the orange liqueur sauce and some duchess potatoes. Their recipe will be in a post to follow.