July 31, 2017 by Varga László
Category Greek, salad | Tags: cherry tomatoes,cucumber,green onions,olive oil,olives,oregano | No Comments
July 6, 2012 by Varga László
Ingredients (2 persons):
- 2 whole medium-to-small gilthead bream
- freshly ground salt and pepper
- 2 lemons
- 2-4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large carrots
- 250 g celery stalks with leaves
- 500 g smaller new potatoes
- some larger button (champignon) mushrooms
- 2-3 thyme branches
- Egg and Lemon Sauce (Avgolemono)
- 2 large eggs
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- about 1 cup of meat or vegetable stock,
- Scale, gut and clean carefully the fishes.
- Salt and pepper the fishes both on their outside and their inside.
- In a bowl, mix together the juice of a lemon with about half of a cup of olive oil, add the chopped garlic.
- Brush the fishes’ both sides with the marinade and refrigerate for about 1-2 hours.
- Cut the carrots into 1/2 cm rounds. Chop the celery stalks and leaves.
- Depending on the size of the new potatoes halve them or cut them into quarters.
- Remove the fish from the marinate bowl and place into an oven tray.
- Place the carrots, celery, new potatoes, mushrooms and the thyme branches beside the fishes. Pour over the remaining marinade juice.
- Put the tray in the preheated oven at 200 C and let them roast for about 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the avgolemono (egg-lemon) sauce:
- Bring the stock to boiling temperature and keep it warm.
- Beat together the two eggs and juice of a lemon with a wire whisk in a small bowl.
- Slowly add the hot stock, spoon by spoon, or by pouring slowly and steadily, whisking all the time meanwhile, keep doing this procedure until the sauce has thickened to the desired consistency.
- Serve the fishes on each plate accompanied by the vegetables.
- Pour over the still hot avgolemono sauce.
Category Fish, Greek | Tags: bream,carrots,celery,easy,eggs,garlic,Greek,healthy,lemon,olive oil,oven,potato,roasted,sauce,vegetables | 2 Comments