December 19, 2014 by Varga László
Ingredients (about 10 servings):
- 750-1000 g pork
- 2 tablespoons pork fat
- 750-1000 g pork fresh sausages
- 2 large carrots
- 1 small celery root
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 4 bay leaves
- 4 allspice berries
- 10-15 black peppercorns
- 1/2 head large Savoy cabbage
- 1 medium leek
- 2 red onions
- 1 head of garlic
- 200 ml semi-sweet white wine
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- salt to taste
- Cut the pork meat into 2 cm thick, 5-7 cm long strips.
- Chop the onion.
- Melt the pork fat in a large pot, cast iron if available.
- Add the meat and fry over medium heat for 5 minutes, turning once.
- Add the chopped onion and continue frying for 2 minutes, stirring.
- Add the cleaned but still whole garlic cloves, chilli flake and paprika and stir-fry for another minute.
- Slice the carrots and celery root and add to the pot.
- Add the whole black peppercorns, crushed allspice, bay leaves, mustard.
- Add the wine and enough water to cover the meat and the other ingredients.
- Slice roughly the celery stalks and leeks.
- After about 30-45 minutes of cooking add to the pot the whole sausages and the sliced celery and leeks. Add water enough to cover all the ingredients.
- Cook for another 20 minutes.
- Chop the Savoy Cabbage and add to the cooking pot.
- Cook until cabbage is done about 20-25 minutes.
- Serve while still hot.
Category Pork, Stew | Tags: allspice,bay leaf,carrots,celery,garlic,mustard,paprika,pork,sausage,stew,wine | 1 Comment