January 9, 2019 by Varga László
Category Chicken | Tags: butter,chanterelle mushrooms,chicken,cream,jam,liver,mushrooms,wine | No Comments
December 19, 2018 by Varga László
Ingredients (1-2 servings):
- 1 whole lobster (about 500 grams)
- 100 g button mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves
- 75 ml double cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 75 ml wine brandy – I used some I bought in Azerbaijan
- 2 pinch of nutmeg
- 100 g Gruyere cheese
- Using a large kitchen knife cut the lobster lengthwise into two parts, first piercing it’s back, then cutting its front along the same line.
- Scoop all the lobster meat from the shells. Set the shell aside for being filled later.
- Cut the lobster’s meat into 1 cm cubes.
- The small legs I put into a small pot together with a bit of water and a pinch os salt and i cooked it down to form a shrimp base reduction.
- Slice thinly the mushrooms.
- Chop coarsely the garlic.
- Grate the Gruyere cheese.
- In a frying pan sauté the mushrooms and the chopped garlic for 2-3 minutes, until the mushrooms get golden-brown.
- Add the diced lobster meat and deglaze with half of the wine brandy.Add the shrimp reduction too.
- In another bowl, add together the other half of the Cognac or brandy, the cream, the egg yolk, and the ground/grated nutmeg. Mix them well.
- Add this mixture to the lobster pan and stir them together.
- Remove the pan from the heat and keep stirring until the sauce thickens.
- Place the lobster’s empty half-shells in an ovenproof dish and fill them with the mixture.
- Spread on the lobster tops the grated Gruyère cheese.
- Broil the lobsters in the oven for about 5 minutes, until the cheese has nicely melted.
Category French, Seafood, Uncategorized | Tags: cheese,cognac,cream,garlic,Gruyere cheese,lobster,mushrooms | No Comments
August 20, 2018 by Varga László
Category Vegetarian | Tags: butter,garlic,leek,mushrooms,stew,tarragon,vegetarian | No Comments