Ingredients (4 servings):
- 1 kg chicken drumsticks
- 2 garlic cloves
- half of a lemon
- 50-70 ml gin
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-2 teaspoons yellow Spanish / paella food colouring
- salt and pepper to taste
- mint leaves for garnishing
- I cooked the chicken until half done as the base for a green bean soup.
- Remove the chicken drumsticks from the soup and add them to a smaller pot with 500 ml soup.
- Add the chopped garlic, gin, the juice of the half lemon, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook over medium-low heat until the chicken is done and the liquid is reduced sufficiently.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in cold water and add it to the stew together with some of the yellow food colouring according to your taste.
- Serve with golden potatoes and garnish with the mint leaves.