July 20, 2017 by Varga László
Category Greek, salad | Tags: cucumber,garlic,Greek,mint,mozzarella,salad,yogurt | No Comments
October 23, 2014 by Varga László
Category Fish | Tags: easy,fish,mint,oven,potatoes,quick | 1 Comment
August 13, 2012 by Varga László
Ingredients (4-6 servings)
- 1 kg boneless lamb meat
- 2-3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 medium onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped dried mint
- 2 cloves of garlic
- about 1/2 kg of rhubarb stalks
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- salt to taste
- Chop the onion and ginger.
- Cut the lamb meat off the bones – I used the front leg – and cut into 2 cm cubes.
- Heat the butter in a larger, add chopped onion, chopped ginger and some salt and saute until golden brown.
- Add the turmeric and ground black pepper, mix them stirring a wooden spatula.
- Add the lamb, bring the heat higher and brown the meat on all sides, if needed add a bit more oil or butter to avoid burning the meat.
- Pour about 2 cups of water, just enough to cover it, bring it to boil. Add the garlic, cover the pot with a lid and simmer over low heat for about an hour, stirring from time to time.
- Meanwhile, in 2 tablespoons of butter saute the parsley for 2 minutes then add the chopped dried mint ans saute for another minute.
- Add the this parsley-mint mix to the lamb pot halfway of its one hour simmering.
- Wash the rhubarb stalks an cut them into 2-3 cm pieces.
- Add the rhubarb to the pot and simmer for 8-10 minutes until the rhubarb is done, mixing carefully.
- Add one tablespoon of brown sugar, and simmer for fa further minute.
- Serve with some brown rice, which is healthier than the white one.
Category Ethnic, Lamb | Tags: Asian,butter,ethnic,ginger,lamb,mint,onions,parsley,Persian,rhubarb,stew | 1 Comment