January 25, 2012 by Varga László
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 4 pieces of boneless fillet perch
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can of lychees with its juice
- 200 g fresh lychees
- 1 green onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Wash the fish then pad dry with paper towels.
- In a bowl mix the olive oil, chopped lychees, the canned lychee and 1/2 of the can’s juice, thyme, lychee juice, salt, pepper and lemon peel. Add the fish fillets to the mixture, coat them thoroughly with the marinade and leave it to marinate for 1 hour.
- In a large pan fry add some oil then fry on both sides until nice golden-brown.
- Add a tablespoon oil to a wok, when hot add the chopped green onion and ginger, stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the lychee pieces from the marinade, the other half of the can’s juice, simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Dissolve the cornstarch into 100 ml water, then add to the wok stirring, and simmer for another 1 minute.
- On the plates serve the perch beside boiled rice, add on top of the fish the lychee sauce. Garnish with some fresh lychees for the looks.
Category Fish | Tags: Asian,fish,ginger,lemon peel,lychee,thyme | 4 Comments