Ingredients (4 servings)
- 1/2 kg veal liver
- 5 garlic cloves crushed
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 cups semi dry white wine
- 1 piri piri pepper or other red hot chili pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 50 g butter
- 8 medium potatoes
- Slice the liver into very thin slices (about 1 cm or less).
- Place the liver into a bowl and add the crushed garlic, piri piri pepper the bay leaves and white wine. Season it with salt and pepper to taste. Stir to mix them well.
- Leave to marinate overnight.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and add the liver slices and fry them for about a half minute on each side.
- Remove the liver and keep warm.
- Add the marinade juice to the pan and boil until the sauce thickens.
- Add the liver slices back to the pan and simmer for a minute.
- Wash thoroughly the potatoes and cut them in half.
- Place the potato halves into an ovenproof dish , season them with salt and pepper and bake them for an hour.
- Serve the liver slices with the hot potatoes from the oven.