January 19, 2018 by Varga László
- 500 g turkey breast
- 500 g rainbow carrots
- 150 g butter
- 200 g shiitake mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves
- 100 ml amaretto liquor, Italian almond one
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the breast into 4 thin slices.
- Chop the garlic.
- Slice the shiitake mushrooms.
- Slice the rainbow carrots.
- Salt and pepper on both sides the turkey slices.
- Melt 25 g of the butter in a frying pan.
- Gently fry the turkey slices on each side for 1 minute or so.
- Next sautee the carrots: Because I have higher and darker colours and I didn’t want to tint the lighter ones, I sauteed them in two batches in different skillets:
- Heat 25 g of butter in two separate skillets.
- Sautee in one the lighter coloured carrots – yellows, oranges, greens for about five minutes. Add a bit of salt up to your taste.
- In the other skillet, we’ll sautee the darker ones – purples and darker oranges.
- Separately in another 25 g of butter sautee lightly the shiitake mushrooms.
- Add to this skillet the seared turkey fillets, the chopped garlic, pour over the amaretto and add a bit more of butter. Add salt and pepper to taste and simmer for 3-4 minutes over low heat.
- Serve while hot the turkey fillets with shiitake amaretto sauce next to the visual splendour of the sauteed rainbow carrots.
Category Turkey | Tags: amaretto,butter,carrots,garlic,liquor,mushrooms,turkey | No Comments