July 9, 2018 by Varga László
Ingredients (8-10 servings):
- 1.5 kg tripe precooked
- 1.5 kg turkey wings
- 3 medium onions
- 3-4 bay leafs
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 3 green chili peppers
- 3 celery stalks
- 200 g tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 2 limes
- 1 kg of oyster mushrooms
- 1 medium red onion for garnishing
- a bunch of parsley or coriander leaves for garnishing
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Wash the tripe in 1-2 bowls of fresh water.
- Chop the onions. Or even if you just clean them, they will dissolve during the hours of boiling.
- Disjoint the turkey wings.
- Clean the garlic cloves.
- Add the tripe to a large cooking pot ( I used an open fire kettle, because I cooked outside). Fill with enough water to cover it . Start cooking.
- Add the turkey pieces, onion, garlic and bay leafs.
- Grille the green chili peppers, turning them a few times, until a bit charred on all their sides.
- Chop the grilled chili peppers.
- Cut the celery stalks in smaller pieces to fit the pot and add to the soup.
- Season with the sweet and hot paprika.
- Add the tomato puree and season with the oregano and some extra paprika if needed.
- Slice roughly the mushrooms to have sort of a similar shape with the tripe.
- When the tripe and turkey has cooked for about 90 minutes, add the chopped mushrooms to the kettle with the soup and continue to cook until the mushrooms are cooked, about another 30 minutes.
- Slice thinly the red onions.
- Chop the parsley.
- Cut the remaining lime into wedges.
- When the soup is cooked, serve while hot in soup bowls garnished with some chopped parsley (coriander/cilantro if you like it, but I do not 🙂 ), some slices of red onion and a wedge of lime.
Category Mexican, Soup | Tags: bay leaf,beef,celery,chili pepper,garlic,hangover,hot,lime,Mexican,mushrooms,onions,soup,tripe,turkey | No Comments
June 18, 2018 by Varga László
Category Ethnic, salad, Seafood | Tags: apricot,chili pepper,grapefruit,lemon,lime,onion,salad,seafood,squid | No Comments
August 25, 2017 by Varga László
- 1 kg tomatoes
- 1 kg watermelon
- 1 cucumber peeled and cut into large chunks
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 lime
- 1 red pepper
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 100 g shelled pistachios
- 1 small red onion
- Cut the tomatoes into large cubes.
- Peel the cucumber and cut into cubes.
- Deseed the watermelon and cut into pieces.
Keep a few wedges with their _skins_ for garnishing.
- Slice the red pepper.
- Add the cubed tomatoes, cucumber, red pepper, watermelon, garlic and the juice of a half lime to a bowl.
- With a hand blender turn all into a smooth paste, season with salt and freshly ground pepper according to your taste.
- Refrigerate it for a few hours before serving.
- Serve the soup chilled into smaller bowls, sprinkle on top some pistachios and _slices_ of red onions.
- Stick a wedge of watermelon and a slice lemon in the edge of the bowls.
Category Raw Vegan, Soup, Vegan, Vegetarian | Tags: bell pepper,cold,cucumber,easy,garlic,light,lime,pistachios,soup,tomatoes,vegan,vegetarian,watermelon | No Comments