May 31, 2018 by Varga László
Ingredients (1-2 servings)
- 200 g frozen shell-less whelks
- 3 garlic cloves
- a bunch of asparagus
- 50 g butter
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Let the whelk meat thaw and wash them in cold water.
- Chop roughly the garlic.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan.
- Add the chopped garlic am the whelks.Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and fry over medium low heat for 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile wash the asparagus and cut their tips (about one third of them), keep the rest of them for the next breakfast’s omelette.
- Add the asparagus tips and about 100 ml water. Cover and steam for 7-8 minute over medium heat until asparagus is cooked and has a wild green color.
- Add salt and pepper to taste if needed. If the juices are too thin cook it down a bit for a minute.
- Serve while still hot.
Category Seafood | Tags: asparagus,butter,easy,garlic,light,quick,seafood | No Comments
January 22, 2018 by Varga László
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 1 kg chicken drumsticks
- 2 garlic cloves
- half of a lemon
- 50-70 ml gin
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-2 teaspoons yellow spanish / paella food coloring
- salt and pepper to taste
- mint leaves for garnishing
- I cooked the chicken until half done as the base for a green bean soup.
- Remove the chicken drumsticks from the soup and add them to a smaller pot with 500 ml soup.
- Add the chopped garlic, gin, the juice of the half lemon, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook over medium low heat until the chicken is done and the liquid is reduced sufficiently.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in cold water and add it to the stew together with some of the yellow food coloring according to your taste.
- Serve with golden potatoes and garnish with the mint leaves.
Category Chicken | Tags: chicken,gin,lemon,light,mint | No Comments
August 25, 2017 by Varga László
- 1 kg tomatoes
- 1 kg watermelon
- 1 cucumber peeled and cut into large chunks
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 lime
- 1 red pepper
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 100 g shelled pistachios
- 1 small red onion
- Cut the tomatoes into large cubes.
- Peel the cucumber and cut into cubes.
- Deseed the watermelon and cut into pieces.
Keep a few wedges with their _skins_ for garnishing.
- Slice the red pepper.
- Add the cubed tomatoes, cucumber, red pepper, watermelon, garlic and the juice of a half lime to a bowl.
- With a hand blender turn all into a smooth paste, season with salt and freshly ground pepper according to your taste.
- Refrigerate it for a few hours before serving.
- Serve the soup chilled into smaller bowls, sprinkle on top some pistachios and _slices_ of red onions.
- Stick a wedge of watermelon and a slice lemon in the edge of the bowls.
Category Raw Vegan, Soup, Vegan, Vegetarian | Tags: bell pepper,cold,cucumber,easy,garlic,light,lime,pistachios,soup,tomatoes,vegan,vegetarian,watermelon | No Comments