Ingredients (2 portions)
- 2 veal cutlets with bone
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- lemon juice of half a lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- a bunch of fresh thyme leaves
- 250g spinach leaves
- 3-5 garlic cloves
Preparing the Veal:
- Rub salt, pepper and the thyme leaves to the veal, then place the cutlets into a bowl.
- Mix the olive oil with lemon juice an pour over the veal. Let it rest for half an hour, turning once.
- Heat a skillet over high heat. Drain the cutlets and add them into the skillet and cook until browned, about 4-5 minutes per side.
Preparing the Spinach:
- Wash thoroughly the spinach, cutting the stems off.
- Chop coarsely the garlic cloves and fry them into a heated pan with a tablespoon of olive oil until they become fragrant and changed a bit the colour.
- Add the spinach into the pan, sprinkle with salt, cover it with a lid and let them blanch them for 2-3 minutes, beware not to become too wilted.
- Serve the veal with the spinach and a slice of lemon to garnish.