April 26, 2017 by Varga László
Category Seafood | Tags: easy,green onions,lemon,light,mushrooms,quick,shrimps | No Comments
September 2, 2014 by Varga László
I had the idea of this recipe from my holiday in Greece: they have very good wines and plenty of figs, and a lot of yummy seafood, but that will be the focus of other posts.
So, on the way back from Lefkada we stopped at a market and between other goodies bought some figs, a Greek red wine and a big can of extra virgin olive oil. A friend helped me pick the right kind of olive oil because it was only labeled in Greek 😉 .
Back home, I only needed the chicken and on a late August night I cooked the following dish. It was one of the tastiest I cooked or tested lately.
Ingredients (3-4 servings):
- 700 g chicken breasts
- 8-10 fresh figs, even a bit overripe
- 250 ml Imiglykos Greek red wine
- 2 bay leaves
- the juice of half lemon
- 2 tablespoons Greek virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Halve the figs., set aside some halves for decoration.
- Wash the chicken breasts and cut each of them into 4 smaller pieces. Salt and pepper them and leave them 5 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and, over high heat lightly, fry the chicken breasts on both sides.
- Turn heat to medium low and add the halved figs, wine, lemon juice and bay leaves.
- Simmer for around 20 minutes until sauce reduced and the figs are mostly dissolved in the sauce.
- Serve with rice or potatoes, garnish with the fresh fig halves and some mint leaves.
Category Chicken, Greek | Tags: chicken,figs,Greek,lemon,light,wine | No Comments
August 19, 2014 by Varga László
Category salad, Seafood | Tags: calamari,green onions,light,octopus,quick,salad,seafood,strawberries | No Comments