September 7, 2018 by Varga László
Category veal | Tags: balsamic vinegar,keffir,lettuce,raspberry,veal | No Comments
July 30, 2012 by Varga László
Ingredients (2-4 servings):
For pico de gallo (salsa mexicana, salsa fresca)
- 3-4 medium tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1 green chili pepper (preferably the hotter kind like jalapeno)
- 1 bunch of cilantro leaves (since I didn’t have them I replaced them with parsley)
- about half of a lime’s juice
The rest of the fillings:
- a few roast leftover slices
- 200 g surimi sticks
- a green pepper
- a small chilli pepper
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 150 g sour cream
- 150 g Mexican tomato salsa sauce
- a few teaspoons of sweet and hot paprika according to your tastes
- a medium lettuce
- a few slices of Mexican cheese (Mexican cheddar, etc) – optional
Pico de gallo:
- Chop coarsely the cilantro or parsley leaves. Slice thinly the chilli pepper.
- Dice into smaller cubes the tomatoes and onion.
- Mix the salsa ingredients, season with lime juice, salt and pepper to taste.
The rest of the fillings:
- Slice into shreds the remaining roast leftovers, I had some of the previous Sauerbraten veal roast.
- Fry slightly with a bit of olive oil the roast shreds, the green pepper slices, chopped garlic and some chilli pepper.
- Slice the surimi sticks into 1 cm pieces, then fry them slightly with a drip of olive oil.
- In a small bowl mix together the sour cream with some paprika, mix sweet and hot according to your taste ;).
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in the frying pan and fry 1-2 minute on only one side each tortilla.
- Lay on the still hot tortilla shreds of lettuce leaves.
- Then lay either some roast shreds either surimi slices. You can use other fish or seafood, but this is what I had at hand.
- Lay some tomato/salsa sauce, sour cream-paprika mix, fried peppers, fried garlic, fried garlic, cheese and plentiful of pico de gallo.
- Fold them carefully into halve. Serve on each large plate one roast – one surimi taco leaning on each other.
Category Beef, Fish, Mexican | Tags: chili pepper,easy,ethnic,garlic,healthy,lettuce,lime,Mexican,onion,parsley,quick,sour cream,tomatoes,tortilla,veal | 5 Comments
January 31, 2012 by Channah
Ingredients (4 servings):
- juice from one orange
- juice from half of a lemon
- juice from one lime
- a large onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- chilli sauce /chilli powder ( to your taste)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- optional – 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 500 g boneless chicken breast, skinless
- Romaine lettuce
- 2 oranges – peeled, diced
- 1/4 celery root, sliced julienne
- 2 green onions, minced
1. In a bowl, mix together the orange, lemon and lime juices, onion, garlic, sauce /chilli powder, cumin, salt and sugar.
2. Pour half of this mixture into a large plastic resealable bag /box.
3. Cut chicken into slices of 1-centimetre thickness and add it into the citrus mixture. Leave it in the fridge to marinate for at least 2 hours.
4. Put the remaining sauce into a blender (optional) and place it in the refrigerator.
5. Heat a non-stick pan and fry the chicken. When almost done, add the marinade to the pan and simmer for a few minutes.
6. Remove the chicken and cut into thin strips.
7. Cut the salad, green onion, celery and oranges and mixed in a large bowl.
8. Mix the salad with the remaining sauce, and add the chicken slices on top.
Category Chicken, salad | Tags: chicken,easy,green onions,lemon,lettuce,light,lime,oranges,salad | 3 Comments