Ingredients (1 serving):
- 2 jumbo black tiger prawns
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil
- 1/2 lemon
- 3-4 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Toasted Garlic–Lemon Oil (see recipe list)
- Make a cut on the back of each prawn, using a sharp thin knife, starting under the head, about 2 cm long.
- Using a toothpick pull out the dark intestines tract.
- Smear the prawns with olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place on a grill and cook until the prawns turn from grey deep pink, about one minute.
4. Place on a grill and cook until the prawns turn from grey deep pink, about one minute.
5. Turn side the prawns on the other and grill them for another minute.
6. Chop roughly the garlic.
7. Add the oil and garlic to a frying pan, fry over low heat for about 5 minutes keeping stirring, until garlic browns lightly.
8. Turn off the heat and add the lemon juice; salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
9. Serve the prawns drizzled with plenty of the garlicky-lemony oil.