April 8, 2018 by Varga László
Ingredients (2 servings):
- 2 large globe artichokes
- 1 lemon’s juice
- 1 tablesoonextra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 100 g feta cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cube the feta cheese into small cubes..
- Cut off the stalk of the artichokes, then cut them lengthwise, using a sharp knife artichoke, in half .
- Using a small and sharp paring knife, remove their choke – the hairy inside part.
- Have prepared the lemon at hand, so after finishing cleaning each artichoke , to squeeze plenty of lemon juice over their cuts quickly, not to oxidize.
- In an ovenproof dish , place the artichokes halves cut side up, season them with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Place a clove of garlic in the hollowed middle of every artichoke half and 2-3 cubes of feta cheese. Drizzle a bit of olive oil over them.
- Preheat the oven to 200 C and roast the artichokes in there for 30-40 minutes.
Category Mediterranean, Vegetarian | Tags: artichoke,feta cheese,garlic,lemon,olive oil | No Comments
February 23, 2018 by Varga László
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 1 kg sardines (fresh or frozen)
- a bunch of parsley
- 2-3 sprigs of rosemary
- 1 head garlic
- 1 lemon
- extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 100 g olives
- 2 large tomatoes
- a few chili peppers
- Defroze the sardines if frozen, wash them in a colander.
- Clean and chop the garlic.
- Grate the lemons for zest.
- In a bowl mix place the grated lemon peel, half of the chopped garlic and the rosemary torn from sprigs.Add extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper, whisk them a bit.
- Place the whole sardines in this bowl and cover them with the marinade and let them marinate for half an our.
- In another bowl mix the other half of chopped garlic, olive oil, chopped parsley and the juice from a lemon.
- Grill the sardines until having charred grill marks 3-4 minutes on each side.
- When ready place them on a plate and season with the garlic and parsley sauce and serve with lemon wedges.
Category Fish | Tags: chili pepper,fish,garlic,grilled,lemon,olives,parsley,sardines | No Comments
January 22, 2018 by Varga László
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 1 kg chicken drumsticks
- 2 garlic cloves
- half of a lemon
- 50-70 ml gin
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-2 teaspoons yellow spanish / paella food coloring
- salt and pepper to taste
- mint leaves for garnishing
- I cooked the chicken until half done as the base for a green bean soup.
- Remove the chicken drumsticks from the soup and add them to a smaller pot with 500 ml soup.
- Add the chopped garlic, gin, the juice of the half lemon, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook over medium low heat until the chicken is done and the liquid is reduced sufficiently.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in cold water and add it to the stew together with some of the yellow food coloring according to your taste.
- Serve with golden potatoes and garnish with the mint leaves.
Category Chicken | Tags: chicken,gin,lemon,light,mint | No Comments