February 1, 2019 by Varga László
Ingredients (2 servings):
- 500 g / a dozen whole Argentine red shrimps
- 100 ml olive oil
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 bunch of fresh parsley leaves
- juice of 1 lime
- Peel off the shell of the shrimps leaving on the last segment of the tail.
- Devein them if you are skilled enough, I was lazy, so I left most of them with the veins.
- Chop the garlic.
- Chop these parsley leaves.
- Place the parsley leaves, 100 ml olive oil, the chopped garlic cloves and lime juice into a bowl.
- Using a hand/stick blender them until everything is mixed nicely together.
- Coat the shrimps with a bit of remaining olive oil and grill them 1- 2 minutes per side until cooked and have nice grill marks. Proceed in batches if having a smaller grill, like me.
- Lay the shrimps on a large plate and drizzle the chimichurri sauce over them. Serve while hot.
Category Ethnic, Seafood | Tags: garlic,grilled,lemon,parsley,seafood,shrimps | No Comments
December 24, 2018 by Varga László
Ingredients (1 serving):
- 2 jumbo black tiger prawns
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil
- 1/2 lemon
- 3-4 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Toasted Garlic–Lemon Oil (see recipe list)
- Make a cut on the back of each prawn, using a sharp thin knife, starting under the head, about 2 cm long.
- Using a toothpick pull out the dark intestines tract.
- Smear the prawns with olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place on a grill and cook until the prawns turn from grey deep pink, about one minute.
4. Place on a grill and cook until the prawns turn from grey deep pink, about one minute.
5. Turn side the prawns on the other and grill them for another minute.
6. Chop roughly the garlic.
7. Add the oil and garlic to a frying pan, fry over low heat for about 5 minutes keeping stirring, until garlic browns lightly.
8. Turn off the heat and add the lemon juice; salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
9. Serve the prawns drizzled with plenty of the garlicky-lemony oil.
Category Seafood | Tags: garlic,grill,lemon,shrimps | 1 Comment
September 5, 2018 by Varga László
Category Fish | Tags: fish,lemon,olive oil,radicchio,thyme | No Comments