September 5, 2012 by Varga László
Category Pork | Tags: bacon,carrots,garlic,leek,oven,pork,soy sauce,squash,stuffed,wine | 2 Comments
February 11, 2012 by Varga László
Ingredients (3-4 persons):
- 500 g chicken liver
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 stalk of leek
- 1-2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1/2 dried hot chilli pepper
- 500 g mix of frozen carrots and peas
- 300 ml beer
- 4-5 tablespoons of juice from a can of pickled beetroot
- some fresh herbs you have at hand ( I used parsley, lemon balm, thyme)
Method of preparation:
- Chop the garlic and the half leek (some white and some green parts).
- In a pan fry slightly(untinl fragrant) the garlic and leek, adding also the paprika and half of a dried hot pepper.
- Add the livers to the pan, salt and pepper and half of the beer.
- Add some 4-5 tablespoons of juice from a can of pickled beetroot, (it is nice for the dark red coloring but also for taste, if you don’t have, you can replace this with 1-2 tablespoons of fruit vinegar, and maybe 1 tablespoon tomato juice) simmer for 10 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Add the frozen vegetables, a cup of water, cover with a lid and simmer for another 10 minutes until the vegetables are done.
- Add the remaining half of beer, the herbs and simmer for another 5-10 minutes, util the livers get a nice reddish-brownish color.
- Serve it on the plates directly from the pan!
Category Chicken | Tags: beer,beetroot,carrots,easy,leek,peas,quick,stew | 1 Comment