Ingredients (4 servings):
- 1 kg sturgeon cutlets
- 750 g broccolini
- 150-200 g butter
- 1 head of garlic
- 200 g kumquats
- salt and pepper to taste
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper the sturgeon cutlets.
- Slice the kumquats into half centimeter thick slices.
- Melt 50 g butter in a large frying pan and gently fry the fish slices on both sides for about 2 minutes.
- Add the sliced kumquats, 50 g more butter, about 50 more water, cover with a lid and simmer over low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Wash the broccolinis and trim their ends.
- Chop coarsely the garlic.
- Melt 50 g butter in another large skillet.
- Add the broccolinis, 100 ml water and salt to taste.
- Cover with a lid and steam like this over medium low heat for about 3 minutes until the broccolinis turn dark wild green but still crunchy.
- Remove the lid, add the chopped garlic and remaining butter and sautee them for another minute.
- Serve the sturgeon cutlets with the broccolinis topped with loads of the sauteed garlic and buttery kumquats.