July 27, 2018 by Varga László
Category Italian, Other poultry | Tags: guinea fowl,italian,lemon,onions,wine | No Comments
July 15, 2018 by Varga László
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 4 quails
- 15 strips of bacon rashers
- the juice of half of a lemon
- 4 not very ripe peaches
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 500 g frozen mixed vegetables
- 50-75 g butter
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Wash the quails thoroughly and remove any trace of feathers.
- Squeeze the lemon’s juice over the quails, then season them with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Leave them to marinate for 30-60 minutes.
- Bone the peaches and cut them in small pieces.
- Stuff the quails with the diced peaches.
- Carefully wrap the quails with the bacon rashers: for each quail use 2 for wrapping the around waist and one in the other direction.
- Fix the bacon strips to stay in place with wooden toothpicks.
- Heat some olive oil in a large frying pan and fry the bacon-wrapped quails on each side for about 3-4 minutes over medium-high heat, until nicely golden brown.
- Then place the quails in an oven-proof dish, breast sides up
and spread the remaining diced peaches around the quails. Sprinkle a dash of olive oil over the peaches.
- Place the quails’ dish in the preheated oven to 190 C and broil them for about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook some frozen mixed vegetables in enough salty water.
- When tender with a bit of crisp, drain the water. melt the butter and saute the vegetables for a few minutes, season with some more salt if needed.
- Serve the quails together with the sauteed vegetables and peaches from the oven.
Category Italian, Other poultry | Tags: bacon,butter,italian,peaches,quail,roast,vegetables | No Comments
September 16, 2015 by Varga László
Ingredients (4-6 servings)
- 500 g mullets
- 500 g mussels
- 500 g mackerel fillets
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 garlic head
- 1 red hot chilli pepper
- 2 green onion
- olive oil
- 200 ml Italian red wine – I used some Montepulciano
- 200 ml water
- Salt to taste
- grated mozzarella (optional)
- Wash and clean the fishes and mussels.
- Chop the garlic and chilli pepper.
- Dice finely the tomatoes.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium soup pot, add the garlic and fry it until fragrant over medium heat.
- Add the diced tomatoes to the pot and keep frying, stirring until tomatoes are softened.
- Add the cleaned mullets and mussels and fry them for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add the wine and water and the mackerel fillets and cook for about 3-5 minutes over low heat.
- Add the chopped green onions and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Serve while hot, garnish with some extra chopped green onions.
- You can top it with some grated mozzarella to melt.
Category Italian, Soup | Tags: easy,fish,garlic,italian,mozzarella,quick,seafood,soup,tomatoes,wine | 1 Comment