July 9, 2018 by Varga László
Ingredients (8-10 servings):
- 1.5 kg tripe precooked
- 1.5 kg turkey wings
- 3 medium onions
- 3-4 bay leafs
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 3 green chili peppers
- 3 celery stalks
- 200 g tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 2 limes
- 1 kg of oyster mushrooms
- 1 medium red onion for garnishing
- a bunch of parsley or coriander leaves for garnishing
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Wash the tripe in 1-2 bowls of fresh water.
- Chop the onions. Or even if you just clean them, they will dissolve during the hours of boiling.
- Disjoint the turkey wings.
- Clean the garlic cloves.
- Add the tripe to a large cooking pot ( I used an open fire kettle, because I cooked outside). Fill with enough water to cover it . Start cooking.
- Add the turkey pieces, onion, garlic and bay leafs.
- Grille the green chili peppers, turning them a few times, until a bit charred on all their sides.
- Chop the grilled chili peppers.
- Cut the celery stalks in smaller pieces to fit the pot and add to the soup.
- Season with the sweet and hot paprika.
- Add the tomato puree and season with the oregano and some extra paprika if needed.
- Slice roughly the mushrooms to have sort of a similar shape with the tripe.
- When the tripe and turkey has cooked for about 90 minutes, add the chopped mushrooms to the kettle with the soup and continue to cook until the mushrooms are cooked, about another 30 minutes.
- Slice thinly the red onions.
- Chop the parsley.
- Cut the remaining lime into wedges.
- When the soup is cooked, serve while hot in soup bowls garnished with some chopped parsley (coriander/cilantro if you like it, but I do not 🙂 ), some slices of red onion and a wedge of lime.
Category Mexican, Soup | Tags: bay leaf,beef,celery,chili pepper,garlic,hangover,hot,lime,Mexican,mushrooms,onions,soup,tripe,turkey | No Comments
August 22, 2014 by Varga László
Ingredients (12-15 servings) :
- 1,5 kg beef tripe cleaned and precooked
- 2 slices of beef shank
- 500 g heavy cream
- 6 egg yolks
- 100 g pickled red bell peppers
- 4-5 teaspoons vinegar
- a big garlic bulb
- 4 big onionsb
- 3 large carrots
- 1/2 celery root
- 2 pieces beef rasol
- 4-5 bay leaves
- Black peppercorns and salt to taste
- Place the tripe pieces and beef shanks in the boiling water in the pot/kettle. If the tripe is not precooked, you should cook it first 15 minutes, discard the water and slice them into 1 cm slices.
- Clean the onions but leave them apiece
- Add to the boiling soup the bay leaves, cleaned carrots, celery and onions. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Let it cook for about 2 hours until the tripe is cooked and tender.
- Meanwhile chop the garlic. Slice thinly the pickled red bell peppers.
- When the tripe is cooked remove the pot/kettle from fire.
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and the heavy cream until homogeneous. Add to the bowl the chopped garlic and give it another whisk
- Add to the soup pot – removed already from the fire – the egg-cream-garlic mix and the bell pepper slices.
- Stir them all together and let it rest for 10 minutes for the aromas to intertwine.
- Serve the soup while still hot and decorate with parsley leaves.
Category Beef, Romanian, Soup | Tags: beef,cream,garlic,hangover,Romanian,soup | 1 Comment