Skip to content
Ingredients (2 servings):
- 500 g / a dozen whole Argentine red shrimps
- 100 ml olive oil
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 bunch of fresh parsley leaves
- juice of 1 lime
- Peel off the shell of the shrimps leaving on the last segment of the tail.
- Devein them if you are skilled enough, I was lazy, so I left most of them with the veins.
- Chop the garlic.
- Chop these parsley leaves.
- Place the parsley leaves, 100 ml olive oil, the chopped garlic cloves and lime juice into a bowl.
- Using a hand/stick blender them until everything is mixed nicely together.
- Coat the shrimps with a bit of remaining olive oil and grill them 1- 2 minutes per side until cooked and have nice grill marks. Proceed in batches if having a smaller grill, like me.
- Lay the shrimps on a large plate and drizzle the chimichurri sauce over them. Serve while hot.
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 1 kg sardines (fresh or frozen)
- a bunch of parsley
- 2-3 sprigs of rosemary
- 1 head garlic
- 1 lemon
- extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 100 g olives
- 2 large tomatoes
- a few chilli peppers
- Defroze the sardines if frozen, wash them in a colander.
- Clean and chop the garlic.
- Grate the lemons for zest.
- In a bowl mix place the grated lemon peel, half of the chopped garlic and the rosemary torn from sprigs. Add extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper, whisk them a bit.
- Place the whole sardines in this bowl and cover them with the marinade and let them marinate for half an hour.
- In another bowl mix the other half of chopped garlic, olive oil, chopped parsley and the juice from a lemon.
- Grill the sardines until having charred grill marks 3-4 minutes on each side.
- When ready place them on a plate and season with the garlic and parsley sauce and serve with lemon wedges.