July 31, 2017 by Varga László
Category Greek, salad | Tags: cherry tomatoes,cucumber,green onions,olive oil,olives,oregano | No Comments
May 5, 2017 by Varga László
I was in mood to cook something with fish, soon after i made the arancini so I was in mood for balls.
I found on my shelves a can of chickpeas and no bread, so i decided to use the chickpeas as the binding agent for my fishballs.
Being springtime I used green garlic and green onions, you could use the regular non-spring versions as well but these greens give a fresh flavor and a nice color and texture.
The final outcome was not only very pretty but also so yummy!
This is my special new recipe, pretty quick and straightforward:
Ingredients (2 servings):
- 1 can chickpeas
- 300-400 g boneless salmon fillets
- 1 egg
- 2 green garlics
- 1 green onion
- 100 g breadcrumbs
- 100 g shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- frying oil enough to fill the skillet
- With a fork, mash the canned chickpeas, discard the liquid from the can.
- Dice the salmon then chop them with a kitchen knife until the pieces are quite small, but not a paste
- Chop the green garlic and onion.
- Mix together in a bowl the mashed chickpeas, salmon, mozzarella cheese, chopped green onion and garlic, a whole egg, salt and pepper to taste.
- Form small ball the size of a chestnut from this mixture.
- Lay the breadcrumbs in a tray and roll the fishball into the breadcrumbs to get a uniform coating.
- Heat the frying oil in a deep enough skillet, and fry the fishballs over medium high heat until they get a nice golden color. Don’t overcrowd the pan, not to burn them.
Category Fish, Italian | Tags: balls,chickpeas,easy,fish,garlic,green onions,quick,salmon | No Comments
April 26, 2017 by Varga László
Category Seafood | Tags: easy,green onions,lemon,light,mushrooms,quick,shrimps | No Comments