August 4, 2018 by Varga László
Category Soup, Vegetarian | Tags: basil,butter,cheese,chili pepper,garlic,goat cheese,green onions,soup,sour cream,zucchini | No Comments
July 25, 2018 by Varga László
Ingredients (1-2 servings):
- 400 g Vietnamese hard shell clams
- 300 ml elderflower cordial
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon ginger freshly minced
- 1 small dried red chili
- 1-2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 lime
- 1-2 green onions
- If using frozen clams, leave them in cold water for half an hour or so.
- Wash them in two bowls of water until the water in the bowl is clear.
- Chop the garlic.
- Chop the ginger.
- Chop the dried chili into flakes.
- Chop the green onion and parley.
- Cut the lime into wedges.
- Place the clams into a smaller pot, add the garlic, ginger, chili flakes and pour the elder flower cordial just enough to cover them all with liquid.
- Squeeze the juice of quarter of a lime.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 4-5 minutes until the clams have opened.
- Adjust the taste with fish salt and black pepper to your liking.
- Serve with chopped green onions, chopped parley and some lime wedges.
Category Asian, Seafood, Soup, Vietnamese | Tags: chili pepper,clams,garlic,ginger,green onions,lime,quick,seafood,soup,Vietnamese | No Comments
February 9, 2018 by Varga László
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 2 boneless breasts, around 600 g
- 1 large onion
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 kg medium potatoes
- 2 ears fresh corn
- 1 bunch coriander leafs
- 1 bunch green onions
- 2 tablespoons dried guascas, optional, i couldn’t find it
- 2 avocadoes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the onion roughly.
- Chop the garlic.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into 2 cm cubes.
- Cut the corn ears crosswise into 3-4 pieces each.
- Pit and slice thinly the avocados.
- Cut the chicken breasts into smaller pieces.
- Place the chicken in a large soup pot, top with the diced potatoes, onion, garlic, green onions, half of the coriander leafs and corn.
- Pour enough water to cover them all, season to taste with salt freshly ground black pepper and raise the heat to high.
- When the soup starts to boil, lower the heat to medium-low and simmer for about 45 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
- Set aside the chicken to a plate and let it cool enough to handle. If you had skins and bones on the breasts, discard them.
- Tear the chicken breasts into smaller strips.
- Remove the green onions and coriander leaves from the broth and discard.
- Place the shredded chicken on the bottoms of large soup dishes, ladle over the rich soup with potatoes and a piece of corn.
- Top it with two spoonfuls of sour cream, some chopped coriander leafs, capers and avocado slices.
Category Chicken, Ethnic, Soup | Tags: avocado,capers,chicken,Columbian,coriander,corn,green onions,soup | No Comments