August 10, 2018 by Varga László
Ingredients (3-4 servings):
- 3 long and thin Chinese eggplants, about 300-400 g
- 1 garlic bulb
- 2 hot chilli peppers, maybe different kinds if you can find
- 1 red pepper – sweet
- 1 teaspoon ground lemongrass
- 1 teaspoon ground kaffir lime leaves
- 1/2 can coconut milk
- 3-4 shallots
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Preparation method :
- Cut the eggplants crosswise into 7-10 cm long pieces , then halve each of these lengthwise.
- Fill a bowl with cold water and dissolve 2 tablespoons of salt in it.
- Add the eggplants to the bowl and leave them to soak out their bitterness for half an hour.
- Chop the garlic, shallots and chillies.
- Slice the sweet red pepper.
- In a steamer or a wok with little water with a lid, steam the eggplants for 5-7 minutes, until soft.
- Heat the oil in another wok, add the chopped garlic, chillies and shallots.
- Stir-fry over medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the red pepper, lemongrass, kaffir lime and some water and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and continue to simmer for 3-4 minutes until the sauce thickens to the desired consistency.
- Add the eggplants and simmer for another minute.
- Serve while hot with some green leaves on the side.
Category Chinese, Vegan, Vegetarian | Tags: chili pepper,eggplant,garlic,Indonesian,kaffir lime,lemongrass | No Comments
August 6, 2018 by Varga László
Category veal | Tags: broccoli,butter,garlic,thyme,veal | No Comments
August 4, 2018 by Varga László
Category Soup, Vegetarian | Tags: basil,butter,cheese,chili pepper,garlic,goat cheese,green onions,soup,sour cream,zucchini | No Comments