April 18, 2018 by Varga László
- 1,5 kg goose innards and PARTS: wings, neck, gizzards, heats, even carcass
- 3-4 medium carrots
- 2 parsley roots
- 1 parsnip root
- 1 large purple onion
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 100 g green peas (it can be frozen or fresh)
- 100 g mushrooms
- 350 g rice
- 2-3 tablespoons goose fat
- salt, pepper, parsley leaves
- Divide the goose into 6-8 parts. Rinse the goose giblets and place them in a large soup pot.
- Cover them with about 3 liters of cold water and start cooking it.
- Wash and clean thoroughly the root vegetables and dice them into larger pieces.
- When the soup starts boiling, foam it, add the root vegetables, onion, garlic, salt and some black peppercorns.
- Keep cooking over low heat until the meat is cooked.
- Filter the soup’s broth and set aside its fat.
- Dice the vegetables into bigger cubes.
- Brown these dices veggies in some goose fat for a few minutes.
- Bone the meat and cut it into bigger pieces.
- Fry the rice in goose fat until translucent, glassy like.
- Add the green peas and fill up with about a liter of the goose stock, cover and simmer over low heat.
- Fry the mushrooms and the goose parts in the goose fat.
- When the rice is cooked, add to the pot the fried cubed vegetables, the fried meat and fried mushrooms.
- Serve while hot sprinkling some chopped parsley leaves on top.
Category Goose, Hungarian | Tags: carrots,garlic,goose,green peas,Hungarian,mushrooms,onions,rice | No Comments
April 8, 2018 by Varga László
Ingredients (2 servings):
- 2 large globe artichokes
- 1 lemon’s juice
- 1 tablesoonextra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 100 g feta cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cube the feta cheese into small cubes..
- Cut off the stalk of the artichokes, then cut them lengthwise, using a sharp knife artichoke, in half .
- Using a small and sharp paring knife, remove their choke – the hairy inside part.
- Have prepared the lemon at hand, so after finishing cleaning each artichoke , to squeeze plenty of lemon juice over their cuts quickly, not to oxidize.
- In an ovenproof dish , place the artichokes halves cut side up, season them with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Place a clove of garlic in the hollowed middle of every artichoke half and 2-3 cubes of feta cheese. Drizzle a bit of olive oil over them.
- Preheat the oven to 200 C and roast the artichokes in there for 30-40 minutes.
Category Mediterranean, Vegetarian | Tags: artichoke,feta cheese,garlic,lemon,olive oil | No Comments
March 9, 2018 by Varga László
Category Chicken, Georgian | Tags: garlic,Georgian,milk | No Comments