February 1, 2019 by Varga László
Ingredients (2 servings):
- 500 g / a dozen whole Argentine red shrimps
- 100 ml olive oil
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 bunch of fresh parsley leaves
- juice of 1 lime
- Peel off the shell of the shrimps leaving on the last segment of the tail.
- Devein them if you are skilled enough, I was lazy, so I left most of them with the veins.
- Chop the garlic.
- Chop these parsley leaves.
- Place the parsley leaves, 100 ml olive oil, the chopped garlic cloves and lime juice into a bowl.
- Using a hand/stick blender them until everything is mixed nicely together.
- Coat the shrimps with a bit of remaining olive oil and grill them 1- 2 minutes per side until cooked and have nice grill marks. Proceed in batches if having a smaller grill, like me.
- Lay the shrimps on a large plate and drizzle the chimichurri sauce over them. Serve while hot.
Category Ethnic, Seafood | Tags: garlic,grilled,lemon,parsley,seafood,shrimps | No Comments
January 21, 2019 by Varga László
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 1 kg boneless pork belly
- 5 garlic cloves
- 5 shallots
- 2 medium beetroots
- 1 red chilli pepper
- 1 tablespoon kalamansi sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice as thin as you can the pork belly, about 1 cm, season them with salt and pepper.
- Chop roughly the garlic.
- Halve the shallots.
- Slice the chilli pepper.
- Peel and slice the beetroots.
- Heat a non-stick heavy bottomed frying pan, over medium-high heat, fry the belly slices on both sides until browned. Work in batches if needed.
- Fry the garlic golden brown then fry the shallots, press them a bit with a wooden spoon to open up like a flower and sauté them like this.
- Return all the pork pieces fried garlic and shallots to the pan, top with the beetroot slices, sliced chilli, the kalamansi sauce and add enough water to cover them all.
- Cover the skillet with a lid and simmer for about 35-45 minutes until the beets are soft and bellies are falling apart at the fork’s touch. If needed add more water during this process in order to have enough juice to stew. Adjust with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve while hot with some steamed buttered broccoli and boiled purple potatoes.
Category Pork | Tags: beetroot,chili pepper,garlic,pork,shallots,stew | No Comments
January 18, 2019 by Varga László
Category Duck | Tags: confit,duck,garlic,gizzard | No Comments