August 25, 2017 by Varga László
- 1 kg tomatoes
- 1 kg watermelon
- 1 cucumber peeled and cut into large chunks
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 lime
- 1 red pepper
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 100 g shelled pistachios
- 1 small red onion
- Cut the tomatoes into large cubes.
- Peel the cucumber and cut into cubes.
- Deseed the watermelon and cut into pieces.
Keep a few wedges with their _skins_ for garnishing.
- Slice the red pepper.
- Add the cubed tomatoes, cucumber, red pepper, watermelon, garlic and the juice of a half lime to a bowl.
- With a hand blender turn all into a smooth paste, season with salt and freshly ground pepper according to your taste.
- Refrigerate it for a few hours before serving.
- Serve the soup chilled into smaller bowls, sprinkle on top some pistachios and _slices_ of red onions.
- Stick a wedge of watermelon and a slice lemon in the edge of the bowls.
Category Raw Vegan, Soup, Vegan, Vegetarian | Tags: bell pepper,cold,cucumber,easy,garlic,light,lime,pistachios,soup,tomatoes,vegan,vegetarian,watermelon | No Comments
July 20, 2017 by Varga László
Category Greek, salad | Tags: cucumber,garlic,Greek,mint,mozzarella,salad,yogurt | No Comments
May 5, 2017 by Varga László
I was in mood to cook something with fish, soon after i made the arancini so I was in mood for balls.
I found on my shelves a can of chickpeas and no bread, so i decided to use the chickpeas as the binding agent for my fishballs.
Being springtime I used green garlic and green onions, you could use the regular non-spring versions as well but these greens give a fresh flavor and a nice color and texture.
The final outcome was not only very pretty but also so yummy!
This is my special new recipe, pretty quick and straightforward:
Ingredients (2 servings):
- 1 can chickpeas
- 300-400 g boneless salmon fillets
- 1 egg
- 2 green garlics
- 1 green onion
- 100 g breadcrumbs
- 100 g shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- frying oil enough to fill the skillet
- With a fork, mash the canned chickpeas, discard the liquid from the can.
- Dice the salmon then chop them with a kitchen knife until the pieces are quite small, but not a paste
- Chop the green garlic and onion.
- Mix together in a bowl the mashed chickpeas, salmon, mozzarella cheese, chopped green onion and garlic, a whole egg, salt and pepper to taste.
- Form small ball the size of a chestnut from this mixture.
- Lay the breadcrumbs in a tray and roll the fishball into the breadcrumbs to get a uniform coating.
- Heat the frying oil in a deep enough skillet, and fry the fishballs over medium high heat until they get a nice golden color. Don’t overcrowd the pan, not to burn them.
Category Fish, Italian | Tags: balls,chickpeas,easy,fish,garlic,green onions,quick,salmon | No Comments