February 1, 2012 by Varga László
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 500 g rabbit parts
- 1 medium onion
- 100g butter
- 200 g of brown champignon mushrooms
- 100 g brown olives
- 100 ml dry white wine
- fresh herbs (what do you have at hand, I used parsley, thyme, bay leaf, marjoram, lemon balm)
- 125 ml sour cream
- salt, freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 500 g potatoes
- 1/2 tablespoon nutmeg
- Add salt and pepper to the rabbit pieces.
- Melt half the butter in a large pan, fry the rabbit parts until golden then remove them from the pan.
- In the same pan melt the remaining butter and fry the chopped onion, when golden-brown add the mushrooms cut only in halves, the water and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Returned the meat to the pan, add the wine, the olives and simmer for another 5 minutes. Then add the herbs, cover and simmer for 40 minutes.
- When the meat has softened, remove the pan from heat, add the sour cream and stir well. Bring the pan back on low heat to heat the sauce up, but careful not to boil.
- Cook the potatoes in their skins until fork tender, when done, peel the potato skins, then cut the potatoes into 2-3 cm cubes.
- Melt some butter into a different pan, and fry for 1-2 minutes the potato cubes, season them with salt and nutmeg.
- At the end add 2 tablespoons of sour cream, stir the potatoes in for 1 minute and they are done.
Category Rabbit | Tags: game,mushrooms,olives,potato,rabbit,wine | 2 Comments