February 23, 2018 by Varga László
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 1 kg sardines (fresh or frozen)
- a bunch of parsley
- 2-3 sprigs of rosemary
- 1 head garlic
- 1 lemon
- extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 100 g olives
- 2 large tomatoes
- a few chili peppers
- Defroze the sardines if frozen, wash them in a colander.
- Clean and chop the garlic.
- Grate the lemons for zest.
- In a bowl mix place the grated lemon peel, half of the chopped garlic and the rosemary torn from sprigs.Add extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper, whisk them a bit.
- Place the whole sardines in this bowl and cover them with the marinade and let them marinate for half an our.
- In another bowl mix the other half of chopped garlic, olive oil, chopped parsley and the juice from a lemon.
- Grill the sardines until having charred grill marks 3-4 minutes on each side.
- When ready place them on a plate and season with the garlic and parsley sauce and serve with lemon wedges.
Category Fish | Tags: chili pepper,fish,garlic,grilled,lemon,olives,parsley,sardines | No Comments
February 6, 2018 by Varga László
Category Fish | Tags: easy,fish,lemon peel,quick,salmon,vodka | No Comments
May 5, 2017 by Varga László
I was in mood to cook something with fish, soon after i made the arancini so I was in mood for balls.
I found on my shelves a can of chickpeas and no bread, so i decided to use the chickpeas as the binding agent for my fishballs.
Being springtime I used green garlic and green onions, you could use the regular non-spring versions as well but these greens give a fresh flavor and a nice color and texture.
The final outcome was not only very pretty but also so yummy!
This is my special new recipe, pretty quick and straightforward:
Ingredients (2 servings):
- 1 can chickpeas
- 300-400 g boneless salmon fillets
- 1 egg
- 2 green garlics
- 1 green onion
- 100 g breadcrumbs
- 100 g shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- frying oil enough to fill the skillet
- With a fork, mash the canned chickpeas, discard the liquid from the can.
- Dice the salmon then chop them with a kitchen knife until the pieces are quite small, but not a paste
- Chop the green garlic and onion.
- Mix together in a bowl the mashed chickpeas, salmon, mozzarella cheese, chopped green onion and garlic, a whole egg, salt and pepper to taste.
- Form small ball the size of a chestnut from this mixture.
- Lay the breadcrumbs in a tray and roll the fishball into the breadcrumbs to get a uniform coating.
- Heat the frying oil in a deep enough skillet, and fry the fishballs over medium high heat until they get a nice golden color. Don’t overcrowd the pan, not to burn them.
Category Fish, Italian | Tags: balls,chickpeas,easy,fish,garlic,green onions,quick,salmon | No Comments