Ingredients (4-6 persons):
- 1 whole chicken
- 2-3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 red chili pepper
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 bay leafs
- 10-15 crushed peppercorns
- Skin and cut up the chicken in small pieces. The skin and the more bonier parts use to make some stock or soup. (I used mines to make the next recipe i will publish – Liver dumplings soup.)
- Heat some oil in a large pan, throw in the garlic and brown lightly the chicken pieces on both sides.
- Add the coconut milk, cover and simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the the bay leaves, chili, vinegar, soy sauce and peppercorns, stir them well, cover and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Take off the cover of the pan and let the sauce thicken to the desired consistency.