April 24, 2018 by Varga László
Category Dessert, French | Tags: cognac,croissant,eggs,French,milk,sweet | No Comments
February 12, 2018 by Varga László
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 1 goose neck’s skin
- 1 goose liver
- 1 onion
- 1 egg
- 1 hard-boiled egg
- a few parsley leaves
- 1 slice of bread
- 50 ml milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- paprika to taste
- marjoram to taste
- 1 tablespoon goose fat
- Let the bread slice soak in milk.
- Debone and clean thoroughly the neck.
- Heat the goose fat in a frying pan and fry the liver, adding a bit of water from time to time.
- Puree the goose liver or chop it. I preferred to chop it a bit coarse to have interesting texture.
- Chop the onion, green garlic, hard-boiled egg and parsley leaves.
- Return the chopped liver to the pan, add the chopped onion and garlic, spice with marjoram, paprika, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add a bit of water and saute it over low heat for about 10 minutes.
- When the juices in the pan have evaporated, pour the pan’s content to a bowl, add the chopped hard-boiled egg, the chopped parsley leaves, the bread squeezed out of milk. Add the fresh raw egg and mix thoroughly.
- Sew the smaller end of the goose neck skin and fill it with the mix, with the help of a spoon.
- Saw carefully the other end of the neck and place it in an oven resistant tray.
- Spoon a teaspoon of goose fat over, and sprinkle some salt and pepper.
- Heat the oven to 200 Celsius, add the goose neck and roast until crunchy and golden brown, turning once and ladle some fat on top.
Category Goose, Hungarian, Jewish | Tags: eggs,goose,Hungarian,Jewish,liver,marjoram,paprika | No Comments
May 5, 2017 by Varga László
Recently I had some friends over Martin,an Argentinian globetrotter, and Ramona. We had some good time for the weekend, showing them the city, partying and so on.
On Saturday we had a cooking evening under his supervision 🙂 . The menu included from soup to cake, but the thing i liked the most was Tortilla Española – Spanish omelette with potatoes.
It is a very tasty and stomach filling meal, below you have the recipe:
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 2 medium onions
- 1 kg potatoes
- 6 eggs
- 100 ml vegetable frying oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Clean and chop the onions
- Peel the potatoes and dice them into small cubes
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the cubed potatoes and fry them until golden.
- With a slotted spoon remove the potatoes and set them aside in a large bowl
- Add the chopped onions to the pan and fry them until golden over medium low heat. Remove them from the pan with the slotted spoon and add them to the bowl. Remove the pan from the fire.
- Add to the bowl the whole eggs, salt and pepper to taste, and stir them carefully together.
- Heat up the pan with the remaining oil in and pour over the egg- potato mixture
- Fry over low heat for about 8-10 minutes.
- Place a wide enough flat plate on top of the frying pan and with a single move turn over the fried omlette to the plate, then gently slide it back into the pan, fried side up.
- Fry for another 3-5 minutes and then again with the same move as above, flip the omlette to the flat plate
- Cut into 8 and serve
Category Eggs, Spanish, Vegetarian | Tags: easy,eggs,onions,potatoes,spanish,vegetarian | No Comments