Ingredients (2 servings):
- 1/2 kg duck gizzards
- 1 jar of duck fat
- 6-7 garlic cloves
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons fish sauce
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Italian flat pasta
- a bunch of green onions
- Chop the garlic.
- Wash and then pat dry the gizzards.
- Add the gizzards into a bowl or a smaller pot together with the olive oil, salt, ground pepper, chopped garlic and fish sauce. Let them marinate overnight, or at least a few hours.
- Heat your oven to 90 degrees C.
- Pour the duck fat in an oven-safe pot and heat it up until the fat gets liquid.
- Remove the gizzards from their marinade, shake off the extra bits and lay them in the pot with duck fat, so they are entirely covered by the fat.
- Cook in the oven for 3-4 hours until cooked to your desired doneness.
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions but I would recommend taking one minute of their recommended cooking time.
- After cooked place them in a frying pan together with the remaining marinade and sautee them for 1-2 minutes over low heat.
- Served the gizzards with the garlic-olive oil pasta, garnish with some greens, I used chopped green onions.