Ingredients (2 servings):
- 2 duck legs
- 50 g fresh ginger
- 750 g potatoes
- 3-5 garlic cloves
- 1 l cola soda – either Coca-Cola or Pepsi-Cola, I used Pepsi 🙂
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 l vegetable frying oil
- Slice the ginger into 1/2 cm slices.
- Chop the garlic.
- Wash thoroughly the potatoes and cut them into halves.
- Place the duck legs on the bottom of a pot, add the ginger slices and chopped garlic, top with the potatoes. Poor over the soda and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook over medium heat for about 40 minutes, until the duck meat is fork tender.
- Take out the potatoes and duck and drain.
- Heat the oil in a deep fryer or a deeper pan and fry the duck legs till crisp and the potatoes until golden.