September 20, 2018 by Varga László
Ingredients (2 servings):
- 8-10 sweet banana chili peppers, I had red and orange ones
- 200 g salmon filet
- 1 egg
- 5 garlic cloves
- a bunch of thin green onions
- a bunch of parsley leaves
- 1 small red hot chili pepper
- coarse salt to taste
- 1 lime
- Using a cleaver or a heavy kitchen knife chop roughly the salmon.
- Using a sharp, thin and long paring/slicing knife cut off the stems of the chili peppers.
- Using the same knife scoop and scrape off their seed, cleaning as much as possible the chilies insides.
- Slice thinly the green onions.
- Slice thinly the red hot chili pepper.
- Chop the garlic cloves.
- Chop the parsley leaves.
- Add together to a bowl the chopped salmon, green onions, parsley, red hot chili, garlic, a whole egg, the juice of a half lime and salt to taste.
- Mix them together gently.
- Using a teaspoon fill carefully the hollow sweet banana chilies.
- Place the salmon-filled chilies in an oven-proof dish and roast them in the oven preheated to 180 C for about 10-15 minutes.
- The remaining salmon filing mixture after stuffing all chilies will be fried in a pan for a few minutes on each side to a yummy omelet.
- Serve the stuffed chilies garnished with some omelet pieces, some chopped green onions, and lime wedges.
Category Fish | Tags: chili pepper,garlic,green onions,light,parsley,salmon | No Comments
August 10, 2018 by Varga László
Ingredients (3-4 servings):
- 3 long and thin Chinese eggplants, about 300-400 g
- 1 garlic bulb
- 2 hot chilli peppers, maybe different kinds if you can find
- 1 red pepper – sweet
- 1 teaspoon ground lemongrass
- 1 teaspoon ground kaffir lime leaves
- 1/2 can coconut milk
- 3-4 shallots
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Preparation method :
- Cut the eggplants crosswise into 7-10 cm long pieces , then halve each of these lengthwise.
- Fill a bowl with cold water and dissolve 2 tablespoons of salt in it.
- Add the eggplants to the bowl and leave them to soak out their bitterness for half an hour.
- Chop the garlic, shallots and chillies.
- Slice the sweet red pepper.
- In a steamer or a wok with little water with a lid, steam the eggplants for 5-7 minutes, until soft.
- Heat the oil in another wok, add the chopped garlic, chillies and shallots.
- Stir-fry over medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the red pepper, lemongrass, kaffir lime and some water and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and continue to simmer for 3-4 minutes until the sauce thickens to the desired consistency.
- Add the eggplants and simmer for another minute.
- Serve while hot with some green leaves on the side.
Category Chinese, Vegan, Vegetarian | Tags: chili pepper,eggplant,garlic,Indonesian,kaffir lime,lemongrass | No Comments
August 4, 2018 by Varga László
Category Soup, Vegetarian | Tags: basil,butter,cheese,chili pepper,garlic,goat cheese,green onions,soup,sour cream,zucchini | No Comments