July 9, 2018 by Varga László
Ingredients (8-10 servings):
- 1.5 kg tripe precooked
- 1.5 kg turkey wings
- 3 medium onions
- 3-4 bay leafs
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 3 green chili peppers
- 3 celery stalks
- 200 g tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 2 limes
- 1 kg of oyster mushrooms
- 1 medium red onion for garnishing
- a bunch of parsley or coriander leaves for garnishing
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Wash the tripe in 1-2 bowls of fresh water.
- Chop the onions. Or even if you just clean them, they will dissolve during the hours of boiling.
- Disjoint the turkey wings.
- Clean the garlic cloves.
- Add the tripe to a large cooking pot ( I used an open fire kettle, because I cooked outside). Fill with enough water to cover it . Start cooking.
- Add the turkey pieces, onion, garlic and bay leafs.
- Grille the green chili peppers, turning them a few times, until a bit charred on all their sides.
- Chop the grilled chili peppers.
- Cut the celery stalks in smaller pieces to fit the pot and add to the soup.
- Season with the sweet and hot paprika.
- Add the tomato puree and season with the oregano and some extra paprika if needed.
- Slice roughly the mushrooms to have sort of a similar shape with the tripe.
- When the tripe and turkey has cooked for about 90 minutes, add the chopped mushrooms to the kettle with the soup and continue to cook until the mushrooms are cooked, about another 30 minutes.
- Slice thinly the red onions.
- Chop the parsley.
- Cut the remaining lime into wedges.
- When the soup is cooked, serve while hot in soup bowls garnished with some chopped parsley (coriander/cilantro if you like it, but I do not 🙂 ), some slices of red onion and a wedge of lime.
Category Mexican, Soup | Tags: bay leaf,beef,celery,chili pepper,garlic,hangover,hot,lime,Mexican,mushrooms,onions,soup,tripe,turkey | No Comments
February 16, 2018 by Varga László
Category Mutton, Soup, Welsh | Tags: carrots,celery,kohlrabi,leek,mutton,parsnip,potatoes,rutabaga,soup,Welsh | No Comments
June 13, 2016 by Varga László
Ingredients (4-6 servings):
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 whole pheasant
- a pair smoked pork sausages
- 2 onions
- 600 ml apple cider
- 2-3 tablespoons pork lard
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 red hot chili pepper
- 1 garlic head
- 4 celery stick slices
- 50 ml double cream
- a few branches of thyme
for the Mashed potatoes
- 1 kg large potatoes
- 100 g butter
- 2 zucchinis
- Cut the sausages into thick slices.
- Chop the onions and the chili pepper.
- Chop the celery stalks.
- Melt the lard in a frying pan and brown the pheasant on all sides together with the sliced sausages and the whole garlic cloves.
- Place some lard from he pheasant frying into a large pot and fry the chopped onions, chili pepper and bay leaves until fragrant.
- Add the pheasant and the celery, the thyme branches, the apple cider and fill the rest of the pot with water, season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Bring to boil, and cook over medium heat for about 2 hours until the pheasant is soft.
- About one hour into the cooking add the halved mushrooms.
- When the meat is fork tender, remove it from the cooking pot and leave it to rest about 15 minutes before cut it into pieces.
- Meanwhile add the flour diluted into a bit of water, the double cream, stir it well and cook about 30 minutes to thick up cooking juices into a gravy.
- Meanwhile boil the potatoes in their skins until fork tender.
- Peel their skins and mash them, add the butter.
- Wash the zucchinis, grate them and slowly integrate them into the mashed potatoes
Category Other poultry, Stew | Tags: bay leaf,celery,chili pepper,cider,cream,garlic,pheasant,sausage,stew,thyme | No Comments