Ingredients (4 persons)
- ¾ kg carp fillets (I used bighead carp)
- 3-4 slices Sweet Bread, Brioche or Challah
- 1 egg
- 3 medium onions
- 2 carrots
- 8 slices of crackers, crumbled
- parsley leaves
- Check carefully the fillet slices for any bone, then grind them. If you don’t have a meat grinder you can use a cleaver to mince them.
- Mix thoroughly the minced / groundfish with the soaked slices of sweet bread, cracker crumb, an onion chopped, the egg, salt, and pepper.
- With wet hands, form the paste into 4-5 cm balls.
- In a pot with water boil the remaining onion, green parsley, sliced carrots, sugar and salt.
- When the carrots are softened, carefully add the fish balls and simmer them until done.
- Add to a skillet/wok some oil, I used grape-seed oil and about 2 tablespoons of semolina.
- When the semolina’s colour changed to golden, add 1/3 of the fish balls and stir them shaking softly the skillet until they encompass the semolina and change their colour to golden-brown.
- Serve the fish balls with sliced carrots and grated horseradish.