Ingredients (2 servings):
- 500 g purple potatoes
- 1 whole goose breast (it may be also duck breast)
- 2 persimmons
- 50 g butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 50-100 ml honey flavoured whiskey
- Slice the persimmons into 1 cm thick slices.
- Smear an ovenproof dish with some butter.
- Lay the persimmon slices in this dish and pour over the honey whiskey.
- Place the dish with persimmons into the oven preheated to 200 C and cook for about 20 minutes or so, until the persimmon slices got caramelised .
- Wash thoroughly the purple potatoes and then boil them skins on till fork soft.
- Wash the goose (duck) breasts and then pat them dry with paper towels. Salt and pepper them to taste.
- Lay the breasts skin side down a heavy bottomed frying pan and dry them over low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Flip them them and fry them on their meat sides for another 3 minutes.
- Slice the breasts and serve them on top of the roasted persimmons alongside the halved purple potatoes topped with pieces of butter.