Ingredients (2 servings)
- 500 g ostrich steaks
- 500 g potatoes
- 100 g crumbled blue Stilton cheese
- 100 g butter
- 50 ml vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the ostrich pieces, then pat them dry with paper towels. Sprinkle over generously salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Wash carefully and thoroughly the potatoes and grate them with their skins on.
- Melt half of the butter in a thick bottom frying pan and add the oil.
- Fry the steaks over high heat for 4 minutes on one side, then 4 more minutes on the other side.
- Remove the ostrich stakes from pan and let them rest for a few minutes, while preparing the latke.
- Add the grated potatoes to the frying pan and add on top the remaining butter, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Fry over medium high heat for 3-5 minutes until golden, then flip and fry some minutes more till golden on the other side.
- Serve the ostrich steak sliced, with the potato latkes and some crumbled blue stilton cheese