Ingredients (2 servings ):
- 6 lamb chops
- 1 lemon
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 small red chili pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- a bunch of asparagus stalks
- Chop the garlic.
- Chop the red chili pepper.
- Squeeze the juice of half of the lemon.
- Mix together in a flatter bowl the chopped garlic, chopped chili, oregano, lemon juice, olive oil and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Add the lamb chops. Toss them well in the marinade mixture, to be covered evenly. ( I did it a bit differently, i added the marinade ingredients over the lamb and tossed them a bit to mix them and cover evenly the lamb chops.)
- Let the chops marinate for 1-2 hours, even overnight if you have the time.
- Meanwhile prepare the asparagus:
- Wash the asparagus stalks and tear off their woodsy lower third.
- Grill the asparagus over high heat on two sides for a few minutes, until they get the nice charred grill marks.
- Grill the lamb chops for 2-3 minutes on each side and let them rest for a couple of minutes.
- Serve the lamb chops with the grilled asparagus and some lemon wedges / slices.